- LVIII -

(A/N: There's a special little twist in this chapter, and before anyone comments, I just want to make it clear that I've shifted some timelines of the story so that all of the characters fit into place. Just remember it is a fanfiction, and is not going to canonically match every occurrence-- as it is, the Avengers movies and Harry Potter don't take place at the same time, and we're in a current day setting. I don't want to spoil anything now, so I'll add another author's note at the bottom going into further detail. Also, as per request, some angst will be added at the end of this chapter/ interspersed into the next few chapters. Y'all asked for it :) Thanks for reading, and enjoy!)

"Harry, where do you want these?" Clint asked, holding a up a few tiered cupcake stands.

"Just in the display case. Thanks Clint," Harry replied, before turning back to the group in front of him. Giving instructions to kids his own age, and some that were older than him, was weird and Harry didn't know how well he liked it. But, Peter had wrangled a bunch of students from his class and they were here and fully ready to work.

It was three days before the grand opening of Lily's, and Harry was growing increasingly panicked. First he was worried that nobody would show up. Then he worried that he would run out of baked goods. Then it was what if he had too many? The list continued to grow.

"Okay, so I our computers just arrived today, and Tony is getting them set up now," Harry explained, motioning to behind the counter where his dad was messing with the systems. Tony gave a small wave before quickly returning to work.

"Today, I just wanted to give you all a quick tour of where everything is, and I'll give you each a menu and sample boxes to take home so that you can know what we sell and give advice on what you enjoy," Harry continued.

A sudden ding from the doorbell caused Harry to pause, completely losing his train of thought when a short, stout old man using a cane entered the shop.

"Excuse me for a moment. Peter will show you around the kitchen, and where you can find more of everything on the off chance that the cases up here run out," Harry excused himself. Peter glanced at the man with a quizzical look before leading the group of students back through the double doors to the kitchen.

The man that had entered was standing just inside the doorway, leaning on the cane and looking around with a small smile on his face.

"I'm sorry sir, the bakery doesn't open for three more days," Harry spoke, grasping the man's attention. However, the man just let out a small laugh.

"I just came to check out the competition," he winked. "I own a bakery over at 443 Rivington Street. Have for over fifty years."

"Oh! I- I'm sorry if-" Harry began, blushing bright red. He obviously knew that there were other bakeries in New York City, but the idea that he might be considered competition, someone to take away customers from other bakeries, made him feel guilty.

"Don't you dare apologize. My business has been my baby for years. Now it's time for your business to become yours."

"May I ask how you got started?" Harry questioned, immediately following by saying, "if I'm not overstepping by asking."

The man let out a hearty laugh, eyes flashing with memories.

"Well, I have to be honest, it's quite a story that you may or may not believe," he smiled wistfully.

"Believe me, sir, I've lived through several things that may be considered pretty unbelievable," Harry returned the smile.

"Well maybe sometime we'll have to sit down and talk about it," the old man looked around the shop again, switching his grip on his cane. "You can count on me to be here bright and early on opening day."