-XLII -

"Well hello," Peter smiled down at Harry, who was beginning to stir from where he was nestled beneath Peter's arm.

"I thought I was supposed to be the one napping, and you were going to be watching a movie," Peter teased.

"Hush," Harry grumbled, burying his face in the extra fabric of Peter's oversized sweatshirt. Peter let out a small chuckle before planting a small kiss to the top of Harry's head.

"What're you two doing in here?" A voice asked, and both boys looked up to see Natasha standing beside the couch.

"Merlin, Tasha, I didn't even hear you come in!" Harry exclaimed, and the spy couldn't help but smile.

"Well, it kind of is my job to be stealthy," she bantered, flopping down in an armchair and crossing her legs beneath her. "What are you watching?"

"We've been binging literally ever cooking competition show known to man. Right now, we're watching Master Chef Junior," Peter told her, grinning down at Harry. "Somebody's obsessed, but he keeps falling asleep while we watch them."

"Not my fault that I find Gordon Ramsey's voice to be soothing," Harry replied cheekily. "It must be the accent. It calms me."

"The only time Gordon Ramsey doesn't scare me is when he's talking to the kids, and even then, I think I might still pee myself if he looked at me wrong," Peter admitted.

Natasha snorted at the playful conversation between both teens, a smile tugging at her lips as she watched them cuddle, the show playing on TV.

Before she knew it, though, four episodes had passed, and now all three of them were on the edge of their seats as they watched the season finale.

"Addison is going to cut her finger, she's going too fast!" Harry proclaimed, hands covering half his face as he watched in dread.

"Oh no!" Peter cried as Harry's prediction came true, and a medic had to come in and help the young chef while the clock continued to tick.

"I think she can still win this," Natasha declared. "She's got the creativity and a few more years of experience than Avery. She has to win, right?"

"Don't google it!" Harry exclaimed as Peter grabbed his phone and opened the search engine. Sheepishly, Peter slid the phone back into his pocket, blushing.

"There you are, Nat, I've been looking for you ev-"

"Shh!" All three watching the show turned around to hiss at Steve, who had entered the room, completely unawares as to what he was interrupting.

"What're you watching?" He asked, walking over and leaning on the back of the couch.

"Master Chef Junior, but they're about to start judging, so shut up," Natasha commanded, not even bothering to look at the super soldier from where her eyes were glued on the television screen.

"And the winner, of Season Four of Master Chef Junior is-"

Suddenly the screen went black, and Tony came striding into the room. "Alright everyone, sorry to interrupt but the party's over. Fury just called with a mission, so I need everyone to suit up and meet on the roof in five minutes."

Collective groans echoed through the room as Tony treaded over to stand beside Harry. Grudgingly, Natasha and Steve stood up, giving Harry quick waves and goodbyes as they exited. Peter, however, was a bit more hesitant.

"Don't worry, kid, it's a pretty routine mission. Honestly, Fury just wanted us more for the numbers and appearance of the Avengers, to prove that we're still around and on top of everything. We've been a bit more quiet than usual lately," Tony directed his comment towards Peter, but Harry knew that he was the reason they hadn't been out on as many missions recently.