Chapter 1 - The Guests

"Psst, Sonya." A young woman whispered peeking through the door. "Are you done yet?" A loud creek echoed through this large lavish guest room, as the door is opened.

Startled, Sonya looked over to the door with a hand on her chest and a relieved chuckle. She had been fixing the beds all day with their fitted sheets. In the very least, this was fourth room she has cleaned. "Oh my, Margie. It's just you," She says, all while straightening the cloth with a sigh.

The room was lit only by a tall ornate narrow window and the light created a halo around the strands of Sonya's wavy black hair springing from her maid bonnet. Her bronze complexion casted a golden light wherever the rays set upon her cheek and she had a beautiful chiseled jaw. Her roman nose would rival those of any roman. 'She ought to be a long lost heir with her beauty,' Margie thought.

"Well? What brings you here?" Sonya said straightening herself up as to brace for the news her fellow housemaid had for her.

Sonya took a good look at her. Margie had plump soft cheeks and a form which reminded Sonya of one of those tall Greek vases. Her fair complexion was comparable to cream and she had brown hair. It seems like she hid something behind her.

"Well, since this is your last room to fix up, I thought we could do something outrageous tonight?" said Margie, with a giggle.

"Oh, I really have no time for mischief, Margie." Sonya fixed her apron and patted her skirt while taking a few steps towards the door.

"But it's so boring..." Margie pleaded, taking Sonya's hand to stop her.

"Alright, alright. What is it?"

"Ah, close your eyes first!"

Sonya closed her eyes with her chin up high, hearing Margie fussing about. She had always been glad to have Margie around brightening up her dull life. Though, sometimes she would rather be alone sitting by her favorite hidden pond with the ducks and the cattails and just humming to herself while the birds chirped and flew about.

"Alright, now open them!" Margie said with excitement.

Sonya saw Margie now holding up two beautiful dresses. One, a smooth white dress with ribbons all over and the other, a wonderful mulberry purple silk gown with jewels. 'Is Margie serious?' she thought. Her eyes widened and she laughed. "No!" She said with her hands on her cheeks. "No way!"

Margie bobbed up and down, playfully convincing her. "Oh come on! We don't have duties anymore. Just one night, we fake it until we make it and then just disappear!"

Sonya tried to compose herself and sighed. Her face gave Margie a look of consideration. Though she was very much excited to do this, she felt very much nervous about it as well.

"They'll be serving those... thingies," Margie said. 

"Oeur d'eourves?" Sonya replied. 

"See, I can't do this without you! You're smart! You seem to know a lot about this... Wait, how did you know that?" Margie asked. 

"Well, I just watch the parties from the windows." 

Margie gasped but then gave out a sigh, saying, "Well, what matters is you know things. So, please, please come along." 

"You're not going to tell the housekeeper, then?" 

"Of, course not. For one, I would die of boredom without you. And second, you could tell her about all of 'my' ridiculous schemes. Now, just please go with me!" 

A surge of silence fell upon them as Margie looks at Sonya with pleading eyes. Margie shook the dresses around a little as if to encourage Sonya to do it. Sonya thought hard about it. A party couldn't hurt would it? 

Sonya grabbed the purple dress and smiled. "Well, what are we waiting for?" 

A smile rose from Margie's face. She pounced onto Sonya giving the tightest of hugs as they laughed and giggled about, preparing themselves for a party they will not forget.