Chapter 9

Harry awakes to a shrill ring of his phone. With a frustrated groan and a slap through his duvet, he locates the phone tussled among blankets.

"What?" he answers, grumpy.

"Oh good, you're not dead," Jane answers, perky. "Rang you three times before you picked up."

"Really?" Harry frowns. "I didn't hear anything, sorry."

"Don't tell me you were sleeping."

"S'what if I was?" Harry replies, rubbing his eyes repeatedly.

"It's midday, Harry."

"What? No, it isn't..." He takes the phone away from his ear and sees that sure enough, it is ten past twelve in the afternoon. "Shit. So it is." He can't remember the last time he's slept in past nine in the morning. Interesting.

"Big night?" she asks wryly.

"M'not answering that," Harry says, running his hand down his face, hoping to physically rid himself of his fatigue. His voice, still thick with sleep, comes out low and heavy. "What you calling for?"

"Can't a girl call her favourite client for the hell of it?"

"Jane..." Harry whines, cracking a yawn wider than his jaw is even able to open.

"Alright, fine," she says, sighing through the line. Harry can't help but laugh. "The photos from last night are up." She pauses, presumably looking at a screen of the photos. "Harry, these are such an improvement," she breathes, deeply relieved. "Spending time together privately is clearing working, so keep it up."

Harry flushes, glad that this meeting is over the phone, so he can't give himself away. He sits up, messing around with his bed hair. "Er, thank you," he stutters dumbly. What is he supposed to say? The reason it was so convincing, Jane, is because we were moments away from fucking each other's brains out. All the love.

"And honestly, it couldn't come at a better time. AMAs are coming up in a few weeks and you're going to walk the red carpet together. I've already emailed you all the info of your flight out to Los Angeles and where you'll be staying. You'll obviously be sharing a room with Louis, for appearance's sake. I hope this won't be an issue anymore?"

Harry gapes. With everything going on, the American Music Awards had escaped his mind completely. "Uh, no, yeah... yeah of course. That's fine."

"Good, great!" Jane sounds perky, like for once, Harry's making her job just that bit easier. If only she knew. "We've got an interview on the radio next week, so don't forget. They've finally sent through a list of questions and topics for you to approve. I've got an idea of what we'll say yes and no to, but I've sent that through for you to have a look at, anyway."

"Okay, cool, I'll take a look at that in a minute."

"Last thing on the agenda, which I'm sure you boys already discussed – photoshoot on location for One Direction. That's on, er..." She pauses, evidently looking at her schedule. "November 18th. We've timed it around Liam being back from LA, so we've only got a short window, but hopefully, it won't take long. No more than two hours, I should think."

Harry scoffed. "You clearly haven't seen all four of us in a room together," he muses, smirking to himself. "You know, once we were shooting for an album and they had to throw a ball so we'd all look at the same direction at once, we were that uncoordinated."

Jane sighs, as if this is not a surprise, really, but still something she doesn't want to hear. "I do hope you're joking."

"You'll see on November 18th."