~~part 13~~

Vienna was prepping for her mission today. Pierce needed her to protect him from any threats when he launched Project Insight with the World Security Council. Apparently Captain America, Blach Widow and Sam Wilson escaped and no one knew where they were. This had put Pierce on high alert and wanted Vienna there so she would die instead of him.

The bullets in her shoulder had been removed and the wound had begun healing but it still hurt like a bitch and Vienna was growing more agitated with the man who gave them to her. As she finished tying up her right shoe her earpiece began crackling before a voice came through. "Houdini, report to the lobby in 5 minutes. I will meet you there and give you instructions." Brock Rumlow was in charge of making sure Vienna made sure Pierce was safe. She had only met the man twice, one of them was when he shot her in the shoulder.

"I'll be there in 3" Vienna smirked as she replied to the agent before standing up and exiting the locker room. She was directed here by some random SHIELD agent. Honestly it was a little sad how easily Vienna got in here. The pretty blonde, said her name was Sharon, did not question her at all. Vienna cracked her neck and checked that she had all her weapons as she made her way down the service stairs to the lobby.

When she slipped into the bustling area her eyes immediately focused on Pierce, he was surrounded by 5 men and a woman. He was handing each of them a pin for their clothes. Vienna focused on the conversation and listened in, "This facility is biometrically controlled, and these will give you unrestricted access." Vienna furrowed her brows, they hadn't mentioned that she needed something to do her job. He had told her that she would have access to everything but Vienna had not received any special pin. Rolling her eyes she walked away and made a beeline for Rumlow. She could see his ridiculous hair from across the lobby and walked over to meet him.

"Ahh Houdini, glad to see you finally showed up"

"You said i should be here in 5 minutes," Vienna looked at the watch on her wrist, "3 minutes and 30 seconds ago. I'm on time, early actually."

"I dont give a shit. Just shut up and listen. Secretary Pierce is meeting with the council in the WSC room. That's where you'll be stationed. Your job is easy, don't let Pierce die." As he finished speaking Rumlow began to walk away.

"Um ok, am i supposed to follow you or... Ok screw it. " Vienna followed the agent into an elevator.

"Rumlow, World Security Council Room"

"Confirmed" The elevator responded before moving upward.

It was silent the entire ride and when the doors finally opened Vienna walked out as Rumlow stayed in, "Down the hall, last door on your right. Have fun." Then the doors closed and Vienna was left alone in the hallway. Taking a deep breath she straightened her holsters, fixed her posture and made her way down to the last door on the right.

She walked in without knocking and headed for the back wall. As she passed the council she could have sworn the woman's eyes widened just a fraction before her gaze returned to Pierce. "Ahh, Council I would like to introduce you to one of SHIELD's best agents. Agent Vienna Smith." He announced proudly gesturing to the back where she had situated herself. Vienna nodded slightly before Pierce began to speak again, "I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful." All members raised their glasses. Then the PA system crackled to life and Vienna recognized Steve Rogers voice as it was projected around the room.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."