~~part 19~~

All of the team was gathered in Tony's lab discussing Ultron. Vienna walked in from calling Fury to a conversation already underway. "Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey said.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat nodded to Vienna while she spoke to everyone else

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Vienna chimed in, calling attention to herself as she slid onto a table.

Clint said, "He also said he killed somebody."
Maria lifted her head to speak, "But there wasn't anyone else in the building.

"Yes there was." Tony said as he pulled up an image of a destroyed JARVIS. Vienna looked at the Ai and zoned out again. How was the Avengers and her going to fight an enemy that didn't have a physical body. How could Stark ever do something like this? She tuned back in when an enraged Thor burst in and lifted Tony by the throat. The others began to calm him down but Vienna leaned back, better him do it than her.

He was asked about the legionnaire who ran off with the scepter they had retrieved and Thor answered, frustrated. "Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Helen Cho's quiet voice could barely be heard but it brought light to a very important question. Out of nowhere Tony began laughing and Vienna considered choking him again. The team looked at him, confused.

"Is it so... is it so... it is. It's so terrible."

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand."Thor responded

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

Banner then jumped in trying to stop his friend from laughing, "Tony, maybe this might not be the time to--"

"Really?! That's it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls."

"Only when I've created a murder bot."

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?"

"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different from SHIELD." Steve stepped forward, facing off with Stark

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?"

"No, it's never come up." Rhodey rolled his eyes and Vienna rubbed her eyes, already annoyed.

"Saved New York? Even Vienna saw it happen and she was a killer for Nazis" He laughed and Vienna narrowed her eyes.

"Tread carefully Stark, this whole thing is your fault" She got up and reached subtly for her dagger.

He ignored her and continued, "Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?"

"Together." Steve said confidently.

"We'll lose."

"Then we'll do that together, too. Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller. And we all need to talk about how to take down those robots if he tries to attack us with them again. I could barely take apart one of them with my shield." Steve spoke and the others nodded. Vienna's brows furrowed, he struggled with the legionnaires? She took down one of them pretty easily. The metal almost molded in her hands. Why would it have been different for her? She shook her head and brushed it off, walking towards Nat.