9

Maya's pov:

Maya woke up with a pounding headache and bright lights hitting her face. As she opened her eyes, she looked around and took in her surroundings. Maya was in a small room with white walls. There was a single window on the far side, but Maya would tell that the glass was reinforced and bulletproof. She was laying on a single twin bed with a matching gray pillow and gray blanket. 

There was a little door at the corner of the room that Maya could see led to a small bathroom. Maya looked up at the ceiling and noticed a small camera at the corner of the room which gave a clear view of the entire room but not the bathroom. Maya rolled her eyes, at least they somewhat respected privacy. Maya stood up from the bed and tried to stretch her arms out, only to find that they were cuffed together. 

She sighed and walked over to a small brown cabinet in the other corner of the room and looked through the drawers, she wasn't surprised to find them empty. As Maya was walking back to sit down on the bed, there was a knock on the door. Maya sat down on the bed and the door opened. Bucky Barnes walked into the room and closed the door behind him.

"Glad to see you're awake kid. Gotta say you've got one hell of a punch." Bucky chuckled. Maya just rolled her eyes and lay down on her back so she was now facing the ceiling.

"Is there anything you need? Anything I can get you?" He asked but she stayed silent.

"Listen, kid, we don't want to hurt you," He said in a calm voice and she finally turned her face to look at him but didn't say anything.

"What's your name?" he asked her but she didn't respond and he sighed.

"We don't want to hurt anyone. We just need a little information and then we'll leave both you and your friend alone." He tried to persuade her. Maya thought about it, She wasn't going to give the Avengers anything valuable, but a first name wouldn't hurt. She hated that he kept calling her kid.

"Maya," she said in a flat and calm voice. Bucky looked up confused.

"What?" he asked.

"My name," she said in the same dull boring tone. Bucky smiled at her.

"Thank you, Maya," he said and she nodded once.

"Is it ok if I leave you here alone for a few minutes?" he asked but she just shrugged. Bucky walked out of the room closing the door behind him and Maya heard the door lock. Maya let out a sigh and closed her eyes. What would Ash think if she knew where she was? What would Ash do? Maya tried to think of a plan to escape but she doubted that she would be able to escape on her own. Instead, she focused on keeping her mind blank so they wouldn't be able to get anything out of her. 

It was a few minutes before there was another knock on the door and Maya opened her eyes again. Bucky walked into the room again and closed the door behind him. Maya noticed he was holding a file in his hands.

"I'm going to ask you some questions," he said in a way that she could refuse, but she just shrugged.

"How old are you Maya?" Maya stayed laying down on the bed and contemplated how much to tell him.

"Your friend killed almost every agent at a Hydra base without so much as a scratch on her, so I'll ask you again, How old are you?" His voice wasn't angry but Maya could tell he was getting impatient.

"Nineteen," she said calmly, just to see what she could get away with. Bucky looked at her for a few seconds before clearing his throat.

"Why do I feel like you're lying?"