• Part 1 •

The door slowly flew open, giving a few glances of the evening gown you wore. The lights reflected from your clothing seemed to bring out a quite a different atmosphere across the room.

Today was important, you wanted to impress him. There was a thin broad rosy bracelet wrapped tenderly around your wrist. Your dearest. So special that it had to be worn for the event. A simple pendant hanging around your neck and your heels. This is all you needed, afterall it was you who gave off the charming appeal to your accessories and not the other way around.

Now, all you have to do was wait- wait for him to come pick you up so that both of you could have the dinner that you've already discussed.

Dong Ding

The sound echoed through the room and somehow it seemed super clear to your ears. You immediately held your dress a little high and rushed downstairs.

There he was. He was already talking to your parents, smiling and nodded. With his presence around you, you changed. Dropping the part of clothing you were holding onto, you slowly made way to where they were hoping he would find you gorgeous.

"YN's ready too" you dad, exclaimed. You were a little disappointed that he recognised you coming towards them, only when your father pointed out. It's ok, maybe he was concentrating on talking to your mom. You forced a natural smile despite the nervousness. He smiled back at you too.

Another fake smile.

You sighed internally, not like you hated him..not like you loved him..but that, you never dated in your life..so when your parents decided to marry you off, you couldn't refuse..now you innocently accepted all your cute romantic fantasies to be fulfilled by your arranged husband.

"Lee Taehyun, take care of our yn okay?" You dad whispered with a little giggle and his hand holding Taehyun's.

"Shall we go now?" He asked, sticking out his arm. You genuinely nodded and held his arm walking out of your house.

He never said you were gorgeous yet pretty. "How do I look?" You questioned, more like asking for a compliment. Positively thinking that he may have just forgotten to do it. "Ya good" he shortly replied, not even glancing at your way.

"Actually..yn-" he was about to say something when his phone started to ring making him walk to the other side of his car. What? I'm still here-

A good 5 minutes passed but it looked like there was no way he was going to stop this any time soon. It didn't seem like those emergency calls you get from work that makes you lose your calm and rub your temples in frustration. You were getting mad while he was giggling on the phone.

Taehyun's eyes averted when he heard the car door smashing harshly. Oh shit. He shouldn't mess this up no matter what. "I'll - I'll call you in a bit. I'm-" all you could hear was his muffled voice outside the car.

"I'm so sorry. It was an important call" he quickly apologized as he put on his seat belt before starting the engine. "It didn't seem important" you whispered, not looking at him.

"yn" he called out. "yn I'm so sorry okay? It really was important" he was obviously lying. You didn't want to extend a conversation that would only hurt you more, so you just blinked your eyes with your lips in a thin straight line.

The ride was a little quiet until he turned the steering wheel to the right. "What? Why are we going this way?" You frowned, obviously disappointed. "huh? Aren't we supposed... supposed to go this way?" He pointed his finger towards the road. "Don't tell me, you forgot the way to the restaurant" you folded your arms with a sigh. "Restaurant?"

He's got to be kidding.

"Are you not taking me out to dinner? Then what? Were you playing-" once again a phone call interrupted you. He looked at you for a second before answering the call and turning away from you.

You covered your face with your palms, before scrolling your eyebrows backwards.

"yn-" "just drive please" you rested your head on the window glass. Despite the traffic, the cars, the road seemed so familiar to you. It can be stable yet has so many unexpected turns. On the outside looking like, it knows where it goes yet has so many unfair dead-ends.

Even the reflection of your eyes on the window looked so blank. The car finally came to a stop. You no longer had any hopes after what happens today especially after Taehyun stepped out himself with the excuse "I'll check if our reservation has been confirmed"

But minutes passed, he didn't return. Groaning you just wanted to let it go and remain in the car but curiosity caught the best of you. Walking out in these heels that you especially got for today, once again made you sign.

You quickly walked towards the reception. "Excuse me, have you seen a man in black suit?" You tried to describe him with your best  "No ma'am" Since you were already here, might as well check the reservation.

"Yes ma'am there is reservation for a table for two under Lee Taehyun" at least one thing was right. But where did he go now?

Your eyes rummaged through all the spaces in the parking lot, you were about to give up due to the aching in your heels but you're sure you just heard him. You took slow steps towards where the sounds were coming and..and..

"Ahh, comeon Hee-Jin, yn is still in the car" Taehyun said trying to make her understand. "But baby, it's been so long since we were out on a date" you caged your mouth with your hand to prevent any sorts of noise. Taehyun took a step towards her and then placed his lips on her. You couldn't watch anymore.

Your legs were taking you backwards when you accidentally crushed a plastic bottle and in no time their eyes averted to you.

Crap. He murmured and ran behind you. But how long will you run? Soon your legs exhausted and so were you...you were taking short steps facing him, out of fear when you realised he was right behind you.

Your back hit the fence. He took this opportunity to grasp his hand around your neck, urging you look at him. "look yn, if anyone else finds out what you just saw, then-" he glared at you.

"I-I won't ever marr-marry you" you managed to get these words out but it only made him much angrier. "yn yn yn" he gripped his own hair in frustration. "yn I love her. I'll marry her, so don't you ever meddle" you looked at the girl leaning on one of those cars with that rich brat look.

You rolled your eyes, "then why me?" It almost came out as a cry. "Your company" he whispered with a smirk. "If you try to stop this marriage..good luck..it will only end up in dead bodies" "Is this your way of shutting my mouth?" you scoffed.

"Think whatever you want but-" he turned around to face that brat while you started running.

You perfectly escaped but you knew better than anyone that this won't be the end. You can't go to your house, his men must already be there..the only option was to stay somewhere for the night. There were no hotels in sight but just some usual houses.

You ran out of energy knocking doors and asking if you could stay there the night. Almost everyone mistaken you for a con- actress.

You sat down, leaning on a pole in front of a locked house hoping that when they come, you could stay. It was getting darker and you were getting sleepier. You were jerking yourself to keep yourself awake.

You suddenly heard a few steps and when you looked up you saw a man just entering the house you were at. "Excuse me" you spoke, making him flinch, he didn't even notice you before. "Can I please stay the night?" You asked barely able to keep your eyes open any longer.

"Get out" was the reply. His lower lip was covered in bruises and his arm with tattoos. "Jungkook?" You called out to which his head gave an immediate reaction. "Jungkook is that you?" "yn?"

You stood up in hope. "Jungkook please let me stay here tonight, I just need to-" "no" "please you didn't even hear me."

"I don't care, I said get the fuvk out yn"

But little did he know he would run for her and become her shield that would protect her till the end..