Chapter 23

Dear Harry,

I'm sorry that you went through that. I hope you're alright. Would you like me to come over? I would gladly do so and it's no trouble at all for me. I'm relieved that you aren't in any trouble especially when none of it was your fault. I'm afraid that I have no answers to why you heard voices but am trying to investigate. As for the Chamber of Secrets, the only information I have so far is the brief history of it on Hogwarts: A History. I've attached your copy with the page folded so you, Ron and Hermione can read. But don't you worry about a thing. I'll owl Dumbledore and do my best to find out what's going on.

Take Care.

Love, dad.

_________________________________________

Dear dad,

Thank you for understanding. I'm alright. I promise. No, dad, please. It wouldn't be necessary for you come over. Please don't be worried about me. Thank you for sending over my copy of Hogwarts: A History. I've read the history. Who do you think is the Heir of Slytherin? Ron and I think it might be Draco Malfoy. Hermione thinks we're being silly.

A few kids at school think that I'm the Heir of Slytherin including Justin Finch-Fletchey, all because I happened to find Filch's cat.

Take care.

Love, Harry.

_________________________________________

Dear Harry,

I'm glad you're alright. I understand and I'll respect your wishes about not coming over. That's funny, your Uncle Sirius and I briefly suspected Snape could be the heir. But your Uncle Remus made us fairly acknowledge we had no proof and it was solely based on our personal bias. I'm not sure of the history of the Malfoys or whether they could be the heirs of Slytherin. I wouldn't be surprised if they were but as your Uncle Remus would say, we should wait for more evidence before charging them as guilty.

Don't worry about those kids. Kids can be idiots. If anyone directly accuses or insults you for it, the only appropriate thing you can do if you they accuse you to your face is stand up for yourself by denying it and reason that there's no evidence to their accusation. If they're still unreasonable, they aren't worth it. Ignore them. The gossipers whispering behind your back instead of directly confronting you aren't worthy of an explanation or your time. And their silly beliefs aren't worth getting yourself down over. Ignore them unless they antagonize you beyond just gossiping. I know it can be hard to ignore such people but you need to keep stay strong, keep your head up and remember that you have plenty of family and friends who love you and believe you. The idiots will understand the truth soon enough as the truth will always come out.

Take care,

Love, dad.

____________________________________________

Harry felt better reading his father's letter. He didn't include the part where they were planning on using Polyjuice Potion to spy on Draco Malfoy. His dad was relaxed about rules, but he didn't think his dad would be calm about them going that far in breaking rules. Harry really did want to see his dad for comfort but told him not come over as he didn't want to worry him. On top of that, he didn't want to look like some baby needing daddy to come comfort him if the school found out his dad came over. It might also have made the situation look even more serious than it was and draw more attention to himself. Harry knew that James also really wanted to come over but was respecting his wishes. He was even skeptical of telling his dad about kids avoiding him and thinking he was Heir of Slytherin but chose to open up mainly because he wanted his father's advise.