Chapter 6

The Phoenix Pioneers was having tryouts for their new seeker at the Pioneer's Stadium. The team's owner James and head coach, Benjamin Wood were watching the tryouts and occasionally discussing each player who tried out. Their sons were having their own discussion a few feet away.

"Charlie Weasley would have perfect for the position," said Oliver Wood.

"Charlie Weasley?" Harry tried to search his brain as he remembered hearing that name before. "Oh right. The Gryffindor team's Seeker and Captain. You said he was good enough to play professionally."

"He graduated and I was made team Captain," said Oliver.

"Congratulations, that's great," said Harry enthusiastically, giving Oliver a fleeting hug.

Oliver clasped his hands over his head. "But without Charlie, our team's at a severe disadvantage. It's on me to find a suitable replacement and that makes me feel a little pressured."

"You'll find one," said Harry reassuringly.

"You're a great Seeker. If you're sorted into Gryffindor, perhaps you could become our Seeker," said Oliver with a sudden thought.

"But first years aren't allowed though," said Harry.

"Right ... " said Oliver, who was dull again. "Perhaps I'll get a seventh year. That way you can join the team in your second year. You're a good chaser too, better than the chasers on the team. If I find a good seeker, you could replace one of the chasers instead," Olivers offered.

"That wouldn't be fair. I don't want to take anyone's spot unless they've graduated," said Harry.

"It would be fair if you're a better player. As team captain, it's my duty to find to find the best player for each position even if it means replacing existing players." said Oliver a matter-of-factly.

"I guess. But I really hope it doesn't come to that," said Harry as Oliver grinned at what he thought of as extreme kindness. "Why didn't you ask Charlie Weasley to try out?"

"I did. He preferred accepting a job in Romania to work with dragons".

"He prefers working with dragons?" asked Harry in amused disbelief.

"I couldn't believe it either," said Oliver as they both sniggered.

Harry respected Charlie Weasley's preference and interests but couldn't help but be amused that he preferred working with dragons over being a professional Quidditch player as Harry couldn't imagine working with anything that dangerous and loved Quidditch.

"So, are you going to work the Gryffindor team as hard as your dad works the Pioneers?" Harry teased.

Benjamin Wood was a strict, no-nonsense coach who pushed the team to their full potential and would even have a maniacal glint in his eyes when it came to Qudditch. He was Captain of the Gryffindor team during James's first three years at Hogwarts. Experiencing his strong-willed determination as Quidditch captain made James think he was perfect for coaching a professional Quidditch team

"I'd probably be working the team even harder than my dad, Harry," Oliver teased back with the same maniacal glint in his eyes as his father as the boys laughed it off.

________________________________

That night, the Marauders and Harry were having dinner at the Potter Manor dining room when Sirius's upcoming wedding came up.

"Wedding's been brought up to early December because The Platinum Hotel is unavailable on our original date," Sirius announced. "Harry can get the weekend off from school right?"