Chapter 16

James clutched his chest as he set in a healer's examination room at St.Mungo's, accompanied by Perkins and Roberts, two Phoenix Pioneer players. He had accidentally been hit by a bludger while watching one of the team practices of the team he owned. Despite insisting he would be fine with self-healing spells, his players insisted on taking him to the hospital. He agreed out of respect for their concerns even if he was still convinced he didn't need a healer for a minor injury.

The door opened and an attractive blonde with big blue eyes, dressed in a healer's white coat entered. Her long hair was pulled back in a ponytail.

"James?"

"Jenny?"

"What happened?" she asked apprehensively.

"It's nothing to be honest. Just tiny bruises from being hit by a bludger."

Jenny kneeled down before him and leaned forward as she examined his bruises. He felt himself tingle as she ran her thin fingers around his torso. It felt odd that he would feel this way. But it was nothing. He just hadn't been touched that way in a long time, he told himself. Jenny furrowed her brows as she healed his wounds with her wand.

"All done." She stood up blushing.

"Right. Thank you very much, Jenny." He quickly pulled down his shirt before getting up from his seat.

"How's Harry?"

"Brilliant. Just started his second term at Hogwarts. Has his Quidditch match against Hufflepuff on Saturday."

"That's great. Last game was against Slytherin, so I presume my Ravenclaw is scheduled to defeat Gryffindor next," she said cheekily as he grinned.

"May the best team win," he said. "Speaking of games, we have get to back to team practice. We play the Strikers in two weeks."

"Good luck with the game. And wish Harry luck for me."

"Certainly. Take care, Jenny and thanks once again," he said as he exited the room with Perkins and Roberts

"You know her, sir?" asked Perkins after they had left the examination room.

"Yeah, we're good friends."

"Just friends?" Roberts winked suggestively.

James crossed his arms. "Yes, just friends."

____________________________________

Harry's game against Hufflepuff ended within a few minutes as he managed to catch the snitch. Unlike his last fluke shot victory where he spat his snitch out, this was a clear victory. And a really quick one at it. He finally felt like he had achieved something on his own other than just being a famous name. He felt a surge of pride as his dad and his uncles congratulated him and told him how proud they were of him.

_______________________________

"Harry, what took you so long?" asked a worried James as Harry returned to the tent after returning his broom to the broomshed.

Harry looked around and saw that the changing room was empty except for the Marauders, Ron and Hermione.

"Dad, I just saw Snape and Quirell in the Forbidden forest," said Harry.

"In the Forbidden Forest?"

"Yes, I saw Snape enter the forest and followed him there".

"Harry." James crossed his arms.

Harry gulped as he looked down, refusing to meet his father's eyes. "He seemed up to something, so I had to follow him. And it's a good thing I did."