Chapter 13

((A Reminder of the author's note last chapter. This has a good bit of Landon and handon mentions. Rude comments towards the characters and ship aren't necessary and it won't change the content I put in my stories. This is Hope's chance to actually talk about this to her father. She's taking advantage of it.))

Klaus gathered the blood bags in a cooler and then walked to his car. He set the cooler in the backseat and then got in, unlocking the passenger door for Hope.

Hope got inside the car and closed the door, looking down at the prism in her hands as she ran her thumb over it, wishing she could use it now

Klaus started up the car and pulled out of the driveway. "Why do you need that anyway? You mentioned your subconscious earlier." He said remembering some of what she said, but he hadn't really been paying much attention.

"There's someone I want to talk to but cant. So I'm taking the next best thing. This prism manifests my subconscious as a hologram of who I need to talk to. Technically I'm still taking advice from me. But it looks and acts like the person. And even says what they would say if I know them well enough" Hope said. "Also it can tell you things you don't want to hear. That deep down you know is true. It's also good with preparing for conversations"

Klaus nodded thoughtfully as he listened to her. It didn't sound like something he would ever go near. Not only because he was too reckless to ever think about what he was going to say to someone, but also because he had enough voices in his mind judging him already. He didn't need to add another one. "Hm. It sounds...interesting I suppose. Why can't you speak to the person you wish to speak to however? Somewhere out here rather than in your mind."

"Its complicated" Hope said, sighing and leaning back against the seat, thinking about Landon Kirby, the guy she was crazy about. The love of her life.

"When isn't it?" Klaus mumbled mainly to himself as he drove. "Does this person not want to see you?" If she was truly like him then she must've alienated a few people in her lifetime.

"He does" Hope said. "As much as I want to see him. But I can't. Not yet"

Klaus raised an eyebrow, his curiosity increasing at her words. "Why not?" He asked glancing over at her. "You don't have to tell me of course. However we are going to be in a car together for a while."

"There's a spell keeping us apart. And I can't really tell you much beyond that" Hope said. It was clear that she was sad about it. She wanted Landon to be in her arms

Klaus gave her a small nod, accepting her answer. He wouldn't push her. He knew they only just met and they both had trouble trusting people. "You must really care for him. If you are willing to settle for seeing him in your mind."

"I love him. More than i can even describe" Hope said, looking over at her dad. She sighed softly, remembrring everything that has happened

Klaus was a little surprised at that, but not entirely. From the way she spoke about him, it was fairly obvious. "What's his name? If I can ask."

Hope hesitated, but then she remembered her father never met Landon. What was the harm? "Landon. His name is Landon" she said, smiling a little sadly at the thought of him.

"Landon. Strange name. Like yours." Klaus observed as a tiny smile formed on his lips. "How long have you two been together?"

"Almost a year" Hope said, since that topic too was complicated.

Klaus glanced over at her, surprise showing in his eyes for a second. "That is quite a long time for someone your age. How old are you exactly?"

"I'm 18" Hope replied. "I met him a few years ago, but he moved away. And then I found him again" she smiled softly at the memory. "And we started dating"