Chapter 30

An hour after the tribrid completed the transition was when the red sky and the storm that came with it finally faded away. The tribrid had wanted to take care of it once she noticed it, but she wasn't sure how she had created it, much less how to reverse it. It was something unlike anything she had ever seen. She knew regular humans would somehow find a way to excuse the paranormal, mark it as a rare but natural occurrence or pretend it never happened.

It was only a matter of time. But Hope couldn't help but be concerned about the humans that did know about the supernatural already. The mere thought of that caused her to feel as though she was being crushed by a weight of guilt. Hunters would be coming here to investigate. She knew it. It was yet another problem she caused where people would get killed, whether it was supernatural or the hunters that would come.

Forcing the thoughts out of her mind, she flipped through one of the books in the library at the Abattoir that Marcel had let her go back to. He had showed her which books he had that had belonged to her family, and she searched them for answers. However, it was hard for her to find answers to that when she still had questions on how her heart stopped beating. She knew it wasn't Marcel who had done it to her, but he was the only one she had narrowed it down from.

She knew she didn't eat or drink anything at the party, so she knew she couldn't have been poisoned. Besides, it would be difficult for anyone other than Marcel to target her with food or beverage, considering there was no guarantee she would have been the one to eat or drink it. She also knew that it wasn't caused by a weapon since she hadn't been attacked. Besides, she healed faster than she lost blood. It would have been unlikely someone could have killed her that way, even if they tried.

The only logical thing she could come up with was it being a spell that caused this, a spell that stopped her heart. The question was who could have done this and why? To most people, she was just a girl or just a witch. The only people that knew otherwise were Mikaelsons, Elena, and Marcel's inner circle. Though witches could sense she was an abomination, surely, or rather an abomination in their eyes. But surely the witch would either have to be at the party or have something of hers to link the spell to. It wasn't as though Hope had many belongings in this time, and she hadn't exactly been bleeding lately, not since she was in Mystic Falls.

So how did her heart stop?

The tribrid let out a sigh as she continued flipping through the pages, reading with her vampire speed growing more and more natural to her, the more she tried. It was as easy as breathing, though she did prefer taking her time. But she knew that she couldn't just sit here, flipping through the library until she eventually read everything slowly. It would take too much time. She could go through things slower once she found something that could be helpful.

"Reading at vampire speed? It took me a bit to pick up that one" Marcel admitted as he stood in the door frame.

"Well, it's not something that people generally think about when they consider vampire powers" Hope pointed out. "Though that might be due to people's lack of interest in reading these days."

"Do you like reading?" He questioned, walking inside the room and closer to her.

"I do. Though reading for research purposes isn't exactly on my list of fun things to do" she said as she looked up at him before continuing to read quickly and closing the book with a sigh before picking up the next one in her pile. Marcel took the book from her, causing the tribrid to let out a "Hey!"

"You're done looking at these for now. We are getting you out of research mode" her brother declared as he set the book back down in the pile.

"But I have to figure out a way to get back to my time. And I need to figure out who triggered my vampire side" Hope protested.