Chapter Twelve

A month passed, and it was now a day before the ball. Maids and butlers were running up and down the halls getting everything prepared.

I had to look over the things me and Kai were gonna wear. I'm gonna wear white pants with a white shirt. Over the shirt, I'm going to wear this thin, sleaveless jacket that has gold color on the rims. Then I'm going to match it all up with white boot like shoes that have the color gold on the heels.

Kai's gonna wear a white button up shirt with a gray jacket that has yellow checkers. The pants are going to be a gray color as well and they have a yellow line at the bottom. The shoes are gonna be black boots.

(A/N: don't know how to explain well. Also, I forgot to make a discription for Kai, so yea. He has blond hair with red eyes and his affinity is not discovered yet bc he's still young.)

It's 6 in the morning of the next day, and I had to wake up early. 'I wanna sleep' Bert came into my room and woke me up and now we have to get ready for the ball which starts at noon. 'Ugh, why do I have to wake up early. It doesn't start till hours later.' First, Bert took me a bath and put vanilla scented oils in the water. He then dried my hair and put lotion on my body. I then put on the clothes I'm going to wear for the ball. When I was ready, Kai came into my room. "Mommy, you look very pretty!"

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself."

He smiled very brightly, "Oh! Papa, told me that when you finish getting ready to go to his office. He said he had a surprise for you~"

"Ok, thanks for informing me. I'll go right now."

"Ok. I'm going to my room and wait till the ball starts." (A/N He's got his own room now)

"Alright, see you in a few hours."

I left my room and went to Suki's office. I knocked on the door and heard a slight 'come in'. I went into the room and asked, "You asked for me?"

"Yea, I have a present for you." he responded.

"What is it?"

"Here."

He gave me a blue box that looked expensive itself. I opened it and I saw a beautiful silver necklace with a crystal blue gem on it. 'Wow, the pendant matches my eyes.' "Do you like it? I made it custom because I wanted it to match your eyes."

I looked at him, "It very pretty. Can you help me put it on?"

He smiled, "Sure." He grabbed the necklace and went behind me. He put the necklace on and then went in front of me.

He asked, "Hey, Kaza, do- do you love me?" He looked down with sad eyes.

"Why do you ask?"

"I-i just want to know. I also don't want to force you to marry me."

"Is that so? Well, I'm not sure, but I think I can open up to you. I'll- i'll open my heart once more and let myself love again...for you." I smiled slightly.

He looked at me with hope in his eyes, "Really? Then-then can I kiss you?"

I was shocked but I shyly nodded my head, "You may."

He put his hand on my cheek and look at me with passionate eyes. He started to lean down, almost letting our lips touch when the door flew open. We both separated from each other and looked towards the door. It was Akira, and she was smiling wickedly. "Oh~ Did I interupt something?"

Suki suddently thought that the bookself was interesting and mummbled, "N-no." He's blushing.

'Cute.'

Akira giggled, "Well, I'm gonna have to take Kaza away for little while."

"Why?" I asked.

"To get you ready, of course."

"But I'm already ready."

She looked at me up and down, "Hmmm, no that won't do. We have to get you into something more fitting."

"Wha?" She yanked my arm and started to run towards to--what I think is--her room. She closed the door and I saw a big box on her bed. I asked, "What is this?"

"That is what your going to wear."

I opened the box and saw a white drees with navy blue fading into it. It also had small snowflakes fading into the white. "Hey, Akira, you do know I'm a guy, right?"

She looked at me with an evil glint, "Yea, I know, but I thought that that would fit you better. Doesn't it look nice?"

I sighed, shrugged, and yawned, "Yea, I guess."

She smiled, "Well, what are you waiting for? Go put it on!"

I grabbed the dress, went into the bathroom, and put the dress on. With the help on my telekinesis, I zipped the zipper all the way and checked myself in the mirror. 'Wow...it really does fit me.' I got out of the restroom. Akira was fixing her make-up, but when she looked through the mirror she turned her head so fast that I thought it would fall off. "Wow.." She just stared, then smiled, "You know, my son is going to think he saw a goddess."

"Is that so? Well, I hope he does."

"Here." she handed me another box. I opened it and it was these flats that are navy blue. 'Wow, I'm grateful because if she gave me high-heels I would've died.' I took the shoes out of the box and put them on. I checked myself in the mirror one more time and damn do I look good.

"Thank you, Akira."

She smiled, "That's want friends are for."

I was about to leave but she grabbed my arm, "Wait!! You can't leave yet!"

"Why?"

"Because you have to be the last one to enter."

"Right, because they're going to introduce me as the fiance of Suki."

"Exactly. A guard will come get you when they're about to introduce you, so stay here till then. The guest will be arriving soon."

"Alright, I guess I'll stay here then."

Akira left the room and left me here...in a room...with a bed...alone. 'Well, I'm going to take a nap.' I laid on the bed and fell asleep right when my head hit the pillow.

A few hours went by, and it was now noon. I woke up by the knocks on the door. "Come in."

A guard came in and said, "Young master, it is time."

I nodded. I check in the mirror to see if I didn't ruin anything, but I looked fine. I went up to the guard, "Show me the way."

He nodded and opened the door further. I stepped through and we left towards the doors of the main ballroom. 

________________________________________________________________________________

-About 1142 words-

~Thanks for reading! :)~