Chapter 3

*

"Then the night patrol will start here" I mumbled to myself as I drew lines on the map I'd taken from the library. The library was huge, and full of books about The Brotherhood. I happened to have come across one about the building itself. It had come with a map of the entire building.
"I could create a distraction somehow.." I drew a circle in red marker. I dropped the marker and fumbled with the map when my bedroom door opened.

"Hey" Chris greeted with a smile.

"Hey" I shoved the map into my desk drawer and moved to sit on my bed. I silently prayed that he hadn't noticed what I was doing.

"It's been awhile since we just hung out and talked" he sat beside me on my bed.

"Raven sent you" i accused.

"Yah, but I do miss hanging out"

"Yah, how are you?" I forced a smile.

"Pretty good, actually I-" he dropped short when he saw me glance at my desk. I bit my lip nervously at the sight of the map peaking out of the drawer. Chris followed my line of sight and gave me a suspicious glance before standing up.

"Chris-" I stood up with him, ready to lie my way out of this.

"Rose, what's this?" He held up the map and glared at me.

"It's, uh.."

"An escape plan?" His jaw clenched.

"So what if it is?" I reached for it and missed when he pulled it back.

"Stone's gonna be pissed" he sighed and shoved the map into his pocket.

"Chris, please-"

"Stop Rose. This is the second time you've tried this"

"Hardly! Last time all I did was mention it to Fane" I grumbled. "I thought he would have-"

"What? Let you leave? Let you get yourself in danger again? Stop being so selfish and stubborn Rose" Chris glared before storming out of the room. I jumped when my bedroom door slammed shut behind him. I let out a long frustrated sigh and slumped back onto my bed.

"What is their problem!" I yelled at my ceiling.

*

"Okay, bow, throwing knives, grappling hook-"

"Hey Rose I- what the hell!" Fane exclaimed. I slid awkwardly in front of the weapons that were laid out on my bed, hoping to block them from view.

"Heey" I smiled innocently.

"Rose" his accusing voice made me look at the floor guiltily.

"I just-"

"Save it. Where the hell did you even get a grappling hook?" He picked it up. I laughed awkwardly.

"It's mine isn't it?" He glared.

"Maybe.."

"What am I going to do with you Rose!" He threw his hands up and started pacing. Here we go. "You don't listen, you close yourself off from everybody, you keep trying to leave" I slumped onto my bed and stared at my hands while he ranted.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"No, if you were sorry, you wouldn't be trying to do this to me, again" I slumped my head down further, the guilt weighing me down.

"You aren't allowed keeping your own weapons in here anymore, everything will stay in the gym" he said harshly.

"But-" I stopped at the disappointed look he was giving me and nodded my head.