Chapter 15

*

I sat up with a gasp. I found myself in the brotherhood hospital. I'd recognize it anywhere since I'd spent half my time here. Sure I may be stubborn but I could kick ass because of it. I glanced around and found myself alone. No injured people in the other beds. No healers. I climbed out of bed with no difficulty. I didn't feel any pain.

I glanced up as the door opened. Raven and Chris walked inside, faces blank and emotionless. Raven bit her lip as she moved across the room.

"Hey" I smiled as she walked in my direction.

She seemed to stare right through me. I shivered as she walked through me. I gasped at the cold sensation and spun around. Raven sat beside my bed and grabbed the hand of the girl who laid there.

"Raven?" I called. I glanced down at the girl in the bed.

Her dark hair ran delicately down beside her pale face. Scars and healing wounds plagued her face. Her left arm was bandaged. Tubes were connected to multiple parts of her body. My blood ran cold. That dying girl on the bed was me.

"She's still cold" Raven whispered and looked up at Chris as he passed through me.

I shivered again and moved to stand at the end of my bed.

"She's going to come back to us" Chris sat beside Raven and squeezed her hand.

"Stone said she's barely even fighting anymore" tears spilled down Raven's cheeks.

"I know what Stone said. But this is Rose we're talking about" Chris kissed her head and wrapped his arms around her.

"Raven I'm fine" tears stung my eyes. "Just look at me! I'm right here" I pleaded.

But she didn't look.

"What's happening?" I whispered. They couldn't hear or see me.

I turned away as Raven started to cry.

Zayne walked through the door suddenly, with Stone trailing behind him. I stepped out of the way quickly, not wanting to feel the sensation of them walking through me.

"How is she?" Zayne asked.

"The same" Chris answered as Raven cried silently into his shoulder.

"She hasn't moved?" Stone asked.

"No" Chris sighed.

Stone nodded solemnly and took a seat on the other side of my bed. Zayne followed him quietly and stared down at my seemingly lifeless body. I glanced at the beeping machine attached to the other Rose. It was still beeping, but very faintly.

"Come on Rose, who am I supposed to argue with now?" Zayne smiled sadly and grabbed my hand. "Fane won't have a reason to kick my ass if you're gone"

"Fane" I whispered and ran out of the room.

I ran through the halls, bare feet hitting the stone floors as I pushed myself faster. I slid to a stop as I reached the hallway leading to my bedroom. My heart thudded in anticipation as I walked to my bedroom door. I lifted my hand to open the door and froze. I let out a deep breath and opened the door.

Fane sat on my bed, staring blankly at nothing.
"Fane?" I asked even though he couldn't hear me. Tears were dried on his face. His hands were gripping the blankets so hard that his knuckles were white.
"Rose you can't leave me" he whispered into the empty room.
"Fane, I'm right here" I moved around the bed and climbed in front of him. I placed my hand over his and squeezed. His expression didn't change.
"What am I supposed to do without you?" My heart broke as he stared at me. I knew he didn't see me but he was still talking to me.
"You're supposed to live Fane. You're supposed to fight" tears flooded my cheeks. "Because I can't fight anymore"