Survivngg

"Taj you always sing so off key " 5 year old Lyric threw her little her hands in the air angrily. Taj who would've rather been anywhere but there sighed deeply " Im sorry I'll be better next time " .

Lyric put her hands on her tiny hips "No you won't Taj you never care about nothing we do dolls, jump rope or singing if you keep this up you not gone be OUR friend no more! " Lyric went on to explain while Taj tuned her out and smiled at the thought of not having to be around Lyric all the time. She was never intrested in playing dolls because she always had to play what Lyric wanted to play, she sung so horribly because she told Lyric she didn't want to sing that part and she sucked at jumping rope. Jayd who had been standing on the side walk playing hopscotch walked over to them "don't be talking to my cousin like that Lyric cause everybody know you can't hold a tune either " Jayd poked Lyrics chest With her finger. Lyric quickly backed up "Stay out of this Jayd! we just playing " Lyric wasnt near as boosy with Jayd. She knew she didn't play, while Taj barely stood up for herself.

"Come on Taj, don't play with her nomore " Jayd pulled Taj hand towards there grandma's house across the street.

"wait " Lyric quickly followed afraid of not having any one to play would. All the other kids on the block knew how boosy she was and refused to have anything to do with her. Taj was the only one who was still her friend and that was only on the weekend and she didn't stay around there. Jayd stopped shortly and pushed Lyric causing her to fall in the middle of the street "don't be following us because Taj don't want nothing to do with you ! "Jayd yelled speaking for her cousin, Taj stood behind her cousin afriad that they would fight and Lyric layed in the street on the verge of tears. She couldn't understand why Jayd was so mean to her. She was boosy to Taja not her. Lyric stood up "Nobody wanna play with yo cousin lil yellow tail anyway and nobody definitely don't wanna play with you and yo creepy eyes! " Lyric ran away before Jayd could react.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Later that night Lyric stood in the mirror frowning. She creeped until her mother's room who was cuddled up with another of Lyrics "uncles" she quickly snatched a wig and went back into the bathroom with her long curly hair she felt she looked beautiful and she began to parade around . "Im Taja, i got long hair and pretty skin " She taunted to the mirror angrily. To her Taja was the prettiest girl in the world either that prettiest teeth and dimples. She smiled in the mirror and quickly frowned , her terrible were jacked like her mothers. She had an overbite and her teeth were extremely spread apart. In facts she'd inherited everything from her mother. Her Chesnut brown always, slanted eyes, and wide flat nose. her lips were small and pouty. she giggled thinking of Tajas big lips and Jayds soup coolers. " they lips talking up half they face " she said to her reflection "thats so ugly " . hearing a noise from outside the door she snatched the wig off her nappy hair that she'd styled in two pig tails and peeked out the door. she sighed in relief when she didn't see anyone. leaving a crack in the door so she could keep an eye on what was going on out there and in here she repositioned the wig back on her head. she carefully opened the medicine cabnet and pushed aside needle after needle until she found her mother's lipstick. She put the red lipstick on and pucked her lips like she was preparing for a kiss.

"what're you doing? " her "uncles Steven " voice startled her. she looked up terrified by the look in his eyes "I was - I was " she stammered.

"only women who want to get noticed dress like that " he said sternly and then gave a crooked smiled disappearing into her mothers room. she snatched the wig off but not before he returned. He smiled " here's a start young buck, " he handed her a clean face towel, then dug into his pockets and gave her a 5 dollar bill. he'd seen the refrigerator and it was bare knowing Jamela wouldn't be spending the money she'd just got on food he felt he owed the little girl !! "take this and go buy you some candy "

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

" ahhh aint joycee home get you! " Jayd yelled when Taja finally came out the bathroom. Her once long beautiful hair was layed on the bathroom floor. She wanted to have puff balls like Lyric but no matter what She didn't her Haiti wouldn't poof up so she'd his kept cutting shorter and shorter now her hair was a choppy mess that stopped at her ears. "no she Not i like it " Taja lied. Before anyone could say anything else Tara and Joycee walked into from there shopping spree with bags in there hands and smiles on there faces. Tara was the fits to see Taja and completely stopped, dramatically dropping her bags. "Taja!! " Joycee yelled as her knees became weak and she fainted. Taja stood behind Jayd and sobbed "I just wanted pig tails " .