Chapter 29

Image Citation: Rakestraw, Emory. "Southport Is A Tiny Town In North Carolina Completely Surrounded By Breathtaking Natural Beauty." OnlyInYourState, 19 Feb. 2017, www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-carolina/southport-nc-charming/?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=Social.

Chapter 29

The beach where the bonfire is happening is only several minutes away from the docks. I've packed a change of clothes and change in the back of my car after my shift. Denim shorts and a fluffy, white sweater. In the back are also some blankets, just in case it's cold. Growing up by the water, I'm almost immune to the icy bite of the sea breeze, but sometimes the night winds can be rough.

When I pull into the parking lot, there are already several cars there. Young Wolves from the pack are gathered in the parking lot, chatting and laughing, while others lug things down to where a group of boys are building a massive bonfire. Jace is with them, a wide grin plastered along his face as he and his packmates mess around.

"Hey, you!" Rachel hugs me as I approach her and Camilla, "I was so excited when I found out you were coming."

"Yeah, thanks for having me," I grin at Camilla as I wrap an arm around Rachel's waist.

Camilla opens up the trunk of her car with a smile, "Of course! I thought it was about time you got a taste of the fun side of pack life. The Alphas have a hard time remembering about that word sometime."

"They're just trying to catch me up," I grab one of the cases of beer that's stored in her car. However, I raise an eyebrow when I realize how much alcohol Camilla has been driving around with. Perhaps I have been missing out on the fun stuff...

Rachel barks out a loud laugh and grabs several twelve-packs. I nearly fall over as Camilla and Dom do the same, unperturbed by the weight they hoist in their arms. They barely protest as they haul them across the parking lot, down the steep sand dune, and to where the boys are setting up. I manage to grab four, but my arms are numb by the time I make it to the bonfire.

"Don't even try competing with them, Amelia," Jace laughs, "They're just flexing."

Rachel throws a finger up at him, "Leave the hard work to us, okay, sweetie?"

I grin and slide into Jace's arms, "Long time, no see."

The tip of his nose brushes against mine as he grins back, "Too long."

My whole body feel like it's been submerged in the middle of a star. Jace only growls softly, pulling me as close as he can. I feel every inch of his body against mine, and I shiver involuntarily. I shut my eyes as I become consumed by the warmth of him.

"Did you really have to invite the bitch in Heat?"

I recognize the voice, and I make a point to not look at Natalia—not just yet, the wolf coaxes me. Instead, I take ahold of Jace's chin and pull his lips to mine. He gasps and I slip my tongue past his lips. I crack my eyes open and look over at Natalia.

She can only glare as the wolf inside me cackles away. Venom fills her eyes as a growl rumbles through my chest. Jace's fingers flex into my hips, clearly having a hard time keeping himself in check.

He blinks as I pull away with a coy smile, "I better go help Rachel and the girls with the hard stuff." He seems surprised as a smirk crawls on my face, "Don't hurt yourself."

He nods dumbly, glancing to his side and finding that his friends are watching too. Again, I feel that surge of exhilarating power within me. Jace's attention is on me, and it makes the wolf inside me practically purr.