Chapter 26. The Meaningful Blue Tunic.

~Meaningful~
serious, important, or worthwhile. - having meaning.

~No one's P.O.V~

"The king's giving all of us medals?" Hawk asked Elizabeth, who smiled down at him, "Yes! The Last Dragon and the Seven Deadly Sins did save the kingdom! That goes for you as well, Hawk!"

Hawk snorted, "Well, I AM the shining star of this bunch!" Hawk claimed which led Elizabeth to giggle, "That wasn't your cue to laugh. What are you laughing about?"

"Thanks for waiting, guys!" Meliodas leaped over the counter, landing on the floor on the other side. A hand placed on his hip. He now sported a new outfit; a long sleeved, high-collared white tunic with a black undershirt along with knee-length green pants and his normal black boots with a green detail on the sides. The mark of the Boar Hat embroidered on the back along with his shoulders.

"What do you think?! This would make an awesome new uniform for the Boar Hat as well!" Meliodas grinned brightly, green eyes switching to the girl in the back, "What do you think Y/n?"

"Huh?" From where she was on the floor, her head resting on Yakul, she lifted her hood with one finger, her eyes narrowing down at the sudden light, "Oh, you look good, Meliodas!" Y/n praised, dropping the hood back onto her face as she showed him a thumb up with the hand before she got back to cuddling with Yakul, half asleep in no time.

She heard the door open and sighed, "I, too, am all set to go!" Gowther's voice sounded from the door. Once he got their attention, he lifted a hand to his forehead, giving them a two-fingered salute, "Sparkle!"

"Who the hell picked out that get up for you?" Hawk and Meliodas asked at the same time.

"My beloved of course."

Y/n shifted to lay on her side, she didn't have the mind to care for this at the moment. She just desired sleep and nothing else, "Can't you take this outside?"

"Is something wrong, Y/n?" Elizabeth asked, having noticed Y/n's slight change over the past few days. She seemed to get annoyed easier and didn't have as much patience as she usually had. She took a few steps towards her before her before King dropped down in front of her on his pillow, arms behind his head, "You're better off letting her get her way as of now." He told, his eyes closed.

"Yeah," Meliodas agreed, already moving towards the door, "It's best just to do as she says at this time." He walked out and past Gowther to be met by a happy Diane, who just couldn't stop talking about how her new outfit was so cute.

Soon, the presences in the room fell down to being just three. Her, Yakul and of course, "You can come down now, Ban." Y/n muttered, not lifting her hood even as she heard the man take the last couple of steps down the stairs. He made his way towards her from the other side of the room, both of his hands in his pockets. He stood still, looking down at the girl who turned back to lay on her back, "You've got something to tell me, don't ya?" She questioned.

"I'm leaving soon." He announced, crouching down by her side, "I just wanted to make sure you were okay with that." He explained, pulling his hands out of his pockets. He used one of his fingers to lift Y/n's hood from her face to see her glaring at him with a dissatisfied expression, "Guess not."