Chapter 75

(Em's POV)

Tuesday was another boring day, working with the injured group today because no one was having any complaints which was good to see!

Bell was also feeling better, which was a lift off of Zac's shoulder, he was getting to the point where he was being annoying with how protective he was!

---

Today was a day that no one was expecting...

Jack Silvangi messaged the playing groups group chat informing everyone of the passing of his grandfather Sergio Silvagni, who was an absolute champ for the Carlton Footy Club!

His passing sadly didn't come to a massive surprise to the club, given the Silvagni family had been keeping the club in the loop about him being sick for a couple of weeks now.

It was realised to the world the same day as we found out, the whole entire footy world felt this, not only was he a star for Carlton, he was an amazing player for the football community in the 60's and 70's.

Obviously Jack did not come to the club on Thursday, even though most of the players were not close to Serge, the entire club felt it, no one was shouting and screaming, everyone was mourning the loss of Serge!

---

Game day is suddenly upon us, Serge's game!

Jack ended up coming to the club on Friday, he face was red and his eyes were still swollen from crying. It was well known that Jack and Serge had a very close bond, Serge had been at every moment of Jack's football career!

The club did allow Jack to take his name off of the selection for the game, but Jack wanted to honour his grandfather and play the game for him; in memory of him!

The rooms were a tad bit quieter than normal, the boys tried to not poke around Jack, but they still wanted him to know they had his back, and will continue to do so!

The game prep was like normal, Will and I strapping anyone that needed it, and the trainers giving any massages to a couple of the players!

When we get out onto the empty ground, the whole medi team are taken back, everyone flashes back to what life was like hub life was like back in July of last year!

Hub life was fun and unique, I would do it again it if was needed, but nothing beats running out onto the ground with the blue baggers screaming filling the arena!

Weitering lead the boys out onto the ground, which was definitely a peculiar scene, he is normally at the back with Jonesy and the defenders.

Bell does her thing and takes some amaizing snap of Jacobs leading everyone out!

I think watching Weitering leading everyone out will be a site that the footy club would have to get use to in a couple of years!

Weitering did the coin toss, wins it and runs back to the team to give them the last pump up talk, and I think was successful because all of the boys were shouting and screaming!

The siren sounds, far louder without the fans helping to create some banter!

It's a scrappy ball once again, no team can maintain possession!

It doesn't start off great with Collingwood kicking the first 3 goals, to Carltons three behinds!

Kid gets a free kick for high contact from De Goey, and has a chance to kick the Blues first goal after the siren, he slots it through the big stick and finally Carlton have a major!

Thankfully no boys just yet have needed to be assessed and hopefully it will stay that way!

Once again, the Blues cant seem to find form in the opening, giving Collingwood the chance to kick the 2 openers of the second quarter!