Chapter 11

(Sam's POV)

I can't bear to see Em this way, it breaks my heart, but what makes me even more angry is the fact that Laitham caused her all of this pain. I blame myself, I knew Lait didn't mean well, but I tired to keep my mouth shut because I didn't want to intrude on Em's relationship, but now I'm wishing I did, I could have stopped all of her pain.

Today was supposed to be the best day of her life, it was her first day at CFC, but instead Laitham had to ruin it, he ruined her day. She doesn't deserve anything of this. She deserves a man that can treat her like a queen.

Zac gets up and heads downstairs to clean up and turn the tv off, but of course he doesn't do the dishes.

Emily turns over and faces me, somehow through all of the pain she has endured over the week she still manages to look gorgeous. Em and I are looking directly into each other's eyes, the whole world stops, everything is frozen, it's our world now, looking into eachothers eyes without a care in the world. I want to tell her, I want to tell her that I want to be her new future, I want to be the one she spends the rest of her life with. I know that if I was to make a move now, it would be so disrespectful, I mean she literally just ended her relationship with Laitham, but that doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. Plus, what she needs right now is a brother to protect her, not another man trying to get with her.

(One month later)

(Em's POV)

It's been one month since I screamed in Lait's face telling him we are over. I'm starting to finally feel like myself again. Thankfully working at the footy club has helped me take my mind off the whole situation. I haven't spoken to Lait since that day, but Sam has been speaking to Bailey, he's said that Lait acted like nothing happened, which broke me because it just reassured me that he never loved me.

Day after day, the pain hurts less, which means I'm moving on, which weirdly is an amazing feeling, knowing that I don't need Lait to live. Days are starting to feel normal, work has been amazing and William says I'm advancing quickly, which is wonderful to hear.

The boys have been perfect to me, they both understand that sometimes I want my space, but there are other times I want to sit on the couch surrounded by both of them.

(3 months later)

I'm finally feeling better, I don't think about Lait anymore, I mean I watch the bulldogs games, but I don't feel the same way anymore, there is no joy in seeing them win or him kick a goal, I have officially moved on. If you told me 4 months ago I would be this happy and completely gotten over Lait, I would have laughed in your face.

"Em, we need to get going" Zac shouts from downstairs.

I have officially been working at Carlton for 4 months and I keep falling in love with the job more and more everyday. Lucky for the club, we haven't had a lot of players get injured this season, besides injuries that were sustained during pre-season, but sadly for me this means that I don't get to work with a lot of different injuries and players.

I get to work just on time, the boys and I are heading into the club, the boys go to the changing room and I go to the recovery room where I'm greeted with William and Kemp. Kemp's recovery is going very well, he is slowly but surely getting more and more strength back everyday, hopefully he will be fully recovered by next reason.

(Sam's POV)

Something about today just feels off, I can't pin point on what it is, but I just have a gut feeling that something will go wrong today. But that won't stop me from going to training. When we arrive at the club Zac and I head to the changing rooms and Em goes to the recovery rooms. Zac and I quickly put our bags down and headed to the gym, today we are focusing on arms and back in the gym and passing drills from the forward half to inside 50 on the field.