27.

"I heard that you like splashing water on your wife?" Roop questioned Shivaay. "Correct me if I am wrong..."

Shivaay tried to wriggle out from the ropes that were used to tie his hands and legs. When he woke up, he found himself in restraints. Honestly, he was tired. Life had never been too kind to him but this was another kind of harassment. He didn't want to feel so weak. He didn't want to be so helpless. He didn't want to be at someone else's mercy. 

All he wanted to do was go home and sleep. Was it too much to ask for?

At the same time, he strangely felt a little hopeful. He didn't completely understand the feeling but he was feeling like this was going to be the last of his troubles. Perhaps he was going to finally die. Or maybe not. He laughed despite the situation.

"Badi hasi aa rahi hai tujhe?" Roop questioned. 

"Haan..." chuckled Shivaay. "You guys had to poison me to get me here. So much for power." 

"Aha!" Veer laughed. "Classic Oberoi mind games. The apple does not fall far from the tree. In this case, bastard." 

"There is a bastard tree too?" Shivaay raised a brow. "I had no idea."  

When Veer and Roop didn't answer, Shivaay talked. More with himself. Perhaps he had really lost it. 

"Or do you want to say that there was a tree and my parents climbed on it like bastards and then threw me, also a bastard, down it. Ugh...managerial economics is easier to understand. But you wouldn't know. I don't think you ever went to college. Did you?" 

"You fucking piece of shit!" Veer punched Shivaay's stomach. 

For a few seconds, Shivaay did see stars in front of his eyes. But he didn't mind it much. Was it a bad thing to get immune to pain? He didn't know. 

Shivaay laughed. "Yaar, decide. Am I a bastard or a piece of shit? I can't think straight as it is. Don't confuse me anymore..."

"Why you..." Veer raised his hand to punch Shivaay again but Roop stopped him. 

"No Veer. We already have a setup for him. Don't waste your energy." 

"You could have come to me directly Veer!" Shivaay mumbled, his last bits of energy draining out of him. "I would have made sure that you got the respect and the place in our home."   

"And who are you? Father Teresa?" Veer snarled. 

"No..." Shivaay slurred like he was intoxicated. He then laughed. "But I am Shri Shri 108 Kanji...aankhon wala baggad billa Maharaj..." 

Veer got irritated by Shivaay's talk and kicked him. "Enough. Shut up." 

This time, the kick hurt Shivaay. Pain shot up in his leg and he grunted like a wounded soldier. "What do you want from me?" 

"Oh nothing much," Roop smiled. "We just want to give you a bath. Is that a crime now?" 

"No..." Shivaay struggled to break free from the restraints.

"What no?" Roop giggled. "You should know by now that we always do what we want." 

"Please..." Shivaay pleaded. He tried to make a deal with them like the businessman he was. And after all, life was more important than ego. "Let me go and I will make sure that all your demands are fulfilled."   

Giving his head a little shake, Veer moved towards Shivaay. He impatiently grabbed a fistful of Shivaay's hair and said, "Listen, I do not have time for your bullshit."