Date and hugs

Louis Partridge as Mark Reed. Also, I changed story a bit in Carter's POV in the first chapter.
Enjoy♥️

......................

I waited for him to notice me but his eyes were focused on Becca. He ducked down and she said something in his ears. He laughed and looked at the shop owner, that will be me. His smile immediately faded and he stared at me for about two seconds before shifting his attention back to Becca. I knew her. She is a sweet shy type girl but not really who I would picture with Carter. But still, people have a way of surprising others in different ways. I can't judge someone, that would be wrong.

Shrugging my thoughts, I smiled widely at them.

"Hey Olivia! I didn't know you work here!" Becca said. I sensed a bit of judgement from her side but I shrugged it off.
"Work and own." I said and bowed. I saw Carter smiling at me, his eyes filled with respect. Our eyes met and we stared at each other longer than we should have. I felt myself drowning in his eyes and his smile was more beautiful than I was comfortable admitting. We heard Becca clear her throat and we both shifted our attention to look at her. She signalled him to sit on one of the seats and he followed her.

"Hello, what would you guys like to have?" I asked them politely keeping my notepad with me.
"What do you suggest?" Carter said winking at me and I rolled my eyes. Typical guy; Has a date right in front of him and still flirting with me.
"So since I own the shop, I also cook here. I experiment a lot so you might not have heard of a lot of things I make. I suggest Cheese Chocolate Sandwich, Death by Chocolate Pancake and today's special that I made last night, Caramel Green Apple Vodka if you wanna get drunk but in a classier way." I finished and chuckled. Through this whole time Carter kept glancing in my direction and Becca nodded and smiled at whatever I said. I clutched the notepad in my hands and waited for them to process whatever I said. 

"Okay. It's weekday, so I won't be drinking but I would like to try Death by Chocolate Pancake. And you Carter?" She asked and we both looked at him. This whole time I was concentrating on Becca but when I looked at him, he quickly diverted his attention from me and buried his face in the menu. I noticed his ears changing into a faint shade of red probably cause he got caught staring at me. I chuckled lightly and his face got even redder.
"Yeah, uh I would like to have a chocolate sandwich but less chocolate and more cheese." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.
"I don't like too much chocolate." He replied reading my mind. I noted their order and smiled at him.
"Understandable. Your order will be right out." I said and went back to the kitchen. It's a small and cozy shop so people sitting in their seats can basically see how and what I am cooking. It also gives my shop a different vibe. I was done with chocolate sandwich first so while the pancakes were cooking, I went out to serve them. I added extra mozzarella and cheddar cheese so I am hoping he will like it. By the time I served the death by chocolate pancake, Carter was already half done with his Sandwich.

I didn't realize there was a guy sitting on the side waiting for his menu. I quickly grabbed one from the counter and walked up to him. When I saw the familiar face, I smirked at him.

"Hey Mark! How is the jaw?" I asked him. He opened his mouth thinking about a comeback but nothing came out. Boy, someone people just don't have it in them, I thought to myself. He kept opening and closing his mouth as if trying to form his first sentence like a baby.

"Did you just learn how to talk?" I asked and I heard Carter's chuckle from behind me. Mark closed his mouth and took a deep breath to relax himself.
"I will take my usual, thank you." Mark said giving me back the menu.
"Sure." I said and went back to the kitchen. I made his cheese corn toast and chocolate shake. I thought about the time when Mark first came to this cafe. I was so excited to show him. He knew I owned this place. He had these crazy ideas about new recipes and we cooked together almost everyday. I liked him but ever since he started hanging out with those football jerks, he has been a real pain in the ass. One thing that didn't change is the fact that he still likes my cooking. He completes all of his assignments and projects here while drinking coffee or shakes. He even hangs out here for a while just talking with people on his phone. I think he likes it here better than his home.