Pure Evil and Six to go

"WHAT?" I exclaimed for the third time. He just sighed, shook his head and chuckled.
"Olivia, sweetheart, I need your help in apologizing to every girl I have ever slept with in this school. The list isn't that long." He said for the third time.
"But why would you do that? You realize this is a suicide mission right?"
"Yup"
"You realize that by now those girls are over the grief that they experienced when you first dumped them and now its just rage."
"Yup."
"Pure evil, soul crushing, balls hitting, rage?" 
"Yeah Claire, honey, I am doing a good thing so can you support me and not tell me in how many ways I might lose the chance to ever be a father?" He said in amusement. I frowned at him.
"But why Gray? It's been a long time since that happened. You never mentioned doing something like this before." I said and he came close to me. He took my hands in his and intertwined our fingers. I felt heat rushing through my body at this simple gesture.
"Because I want you to believe me. I want you to understand that I am not that guy anymore. And you were right. You can't trust me. At least not now and I am not in a hurry Claire. But I want to do as much as I can to earn your trust." He said with pleading eyes. I sighed and smiled at him. I tiptoed and kissed his forehead. I stayed there for a minute or two and it felt like it's all I wanted. I felt good being with him and I am so happy he understood my side, my perspective and my fears. 

When I pulled away, he engulfed me in a huge bear hug but I didn't resist. I love how cozy I feel with him. It's like he was taking all my tensions, stress and fear away. I relaxed in his touch and sighed.

"But wait a minute." I said pulling away but still keeping my hands on his waist. He is weirdly warm but more importantly, I could feel his toned body under my touch and I didn't want to let go of him. 
"Why are you taking me with you? What do you need help with?" I said and he blushed and looked down. He cleared his throat and looked at me with the same blank expression he has whenever he is trying to hide something. But I guess, this one was hard to find. He smiled and scratched the back of his neck.
"Actually, as badass as I am, I am still afraid of those girls and I was hoping you can vouch for me. Maybe they will listen to you and just shout at me or cry but not hit me." He said and I laughed. 
"Yeah, I want to say I would be of help but judging by how you blew off Leah, I don't think I would be able to do much. I can say that you are a nice person now but that would be exaggeration." He looked at me with fake anger and pouted.
"Hey, I am a great guy. You like me, don't you?" He teased.
"I do baby. I do. Now let's roll." I said and jumped on the passenger seat.
"Too much excitement to see me get kicked in the balls." He mumbled and I laughed. Five minutes later, I was standing outside a beautiful house looking at a very nervous Carter rubbing his hands together to comfort himself.

"Okay, sweetie, you are making a big deal out of this." I said and he glared at me.
"Easy for you to say. Your body is not on the line!" He barked and I glared back at me.
"Yeah? And whose fault is that."
"I love how badass you are but sometimes I just wish you would be as lame as a typical nerd girl." He whispered under his breath and I chuckled.
"Come one don't be such a baby." I said and he raised his hand to knock on the door but pulled it back.
"This is a bad idea, let's just go." He said and turned around. I let out an exasperated sigh and knocked on the door for him. He looked at me with irritation and then a look that said why-do-you-hate-me.
"Why do you hate me?" He confirmed my thoughts. I laughed and the door opened to reveal a very beautiful women, presumably, Andrea's mother, in her forties. 

"How can you help you kids?" She asked and Carter looked at me, his eyes screaming help.
"Hello. Is Andrea home? I am her classmate. Tell her Olivia is here." I said and she nodded and she closed the door, to call Andrea, I thought. Moments later, she came in and saw Carter. Her surprised happy face immediately changed into rage and annoyance.  

"What do you want Carter?" She said and kept her hands on her waist.
"I...um....I...." Carter said and Andrea tapped her legs in anticipation. He looked at me and I shook my head.
"Hey I will help you out with extra stuff but you have do the main part yourself." I said and shrugged.
"Right! Andrea, I am very sorry about whatever happened between us." Andrea's head whipped in his direction and I chuckled under my breath. A bad boy saying sorry, yup its a big deal.
"I shouldn't have treated you the way I did and I know apology is not enough but I can't change the past so I am trying to make amends." He said looking at her with genuine apology written all over his face. My eyes softened when I saw his vulnerable state. Maybe Carter really has changed. Maybe he really is trying.

Andrea didn't say anything for sometime and Carter became more and more tense with every second. I held his hand and stroked it gently. He visibly relaxed under my touch and I smiled thinking how much I affect him.