Blank Space and Daddy

A Chapter exclusively from Carter's point of view. Enjoy!

.................

Carter's POV

An hour later, all the girls were drunk as fuck. I could say that because Emma was starting to speak in a very high level English mixed with Korean which made it impossible to understand what she was saying. Sofia practically punched me when I said I wanted to date Claire. She won't remember anything so there was no harm in letting her know now. She said she knew I was falling for Claire but she still wanted her to remain single until she finds someone for herself. I laughed at her because it took her three trials to say that properly. She was slurring. Mia told us everything about this Joe person. I remember him. He was the one that flirted with Claire when we first went out. Apparently, he is a really smart guy in his school and works to support his family. Ashley and Noah made out on the couch and I had to change couches to not look at their PDA. Mark was looking at Emma in adoration trying his best to understand what she was saying. Claire went to the stage and sang, Blank Space by Taylor Swift pointing at me during the lyrics. We all sang and it was a pretty tough competition between Sofia and Claire. I wanted to say Claire won but that would be a biased judgement. I liked her which is why I liked everything about her. She was trying really hard to walk properly from the stage to our seats and she fumbled with her steps twice. I got up and reached her just in time as she was about to fall. She held me like I was her hero or something, not that I was complaining. 

"You are soooo hot!" She said slurring and I smirked.
"Right back at ya!" I said and held her so she could stand properly. When she stood up looking at, I felt my heart beating faster.
"You know, every time you look at me like that, I feel like my heart will just pop out of my chest." She said and made a bursting sound. I laughed at her. I am absolutely in love with drunk Claire, I thought.
"Like what?" I said curiously. 
"Like those sexy bad boy stares they explain in novel. Like you are looking right through me." She said and started walking towards our seat.
"So you don't like it?" I asked disappointed. It's one of my looks that girls usually loves.
"Who likes when their heart is being popped out of their chest?" She asked in annoyance. I wanted to know if she was serious or just playing with me.
"So you absolutely hate it?" I asked her for the last time. She looked at me in amusement.
"I am the one who is drunk and you are being stupid. I absolutely love those stares. I should feel creeped out but for some weird reason I like it." She said, laughed and hugged Emma. She hugged her back and shouted I love you to each other. I frowned at how comfortable she is with her friends. I wanted her to open up to me like that but I guess I just have to be patient. After two more drinks and Noah, Ashley and Mark's crappy singing later, Claire went up the stage and took the mic almost falling down in the process.

"SO, WHO WON?" She asked the crowd and they all chanted her name. She gracefully bowed and gave all of them flying kisses. My attention should be on how beautifully drunk she looked but I was enraged with the guys that were in the bar. They all were looking at her from up to down as if they wanted to eat her alive. I clenched my fist and sat back down quietly. I wanted to go to her and wrap her in my arms but she is not my property. I will protect her whenever she is in trouble but I can't make her feel caged. 

"NOW LET'S PARTY!!!" She said and everyone cheered. They all made their way to the dance floor and I couldn't see her anymore. I was worried that some pervert might take advantage of her. I walked towards I last saw her pushing people who were on my way. I saw a guy talking to Claire and she was laughing at whatever she said. I was jealous but by now I have learned how to keep it within me. Last time I let it out, I had a huge fight with her and I don't wanna repeat that. She started dancing with that guy, her back facing his chest. He kept his hand on her waist and moved to down till his hand rested on the hem of her dress. Alarms started going off in my head and I ran towards her quickly realizing it wasn't needed. She backed away from him but he kept his hold on her. She moved her hands in her front and hit the guy on his chest with her elbow. He yelped in pain and let her go. She made a fist and punched him on his nose. From experience, I knew it would have hurt like hell. He fell on the ground, butt first. I thought she was done but I was really happy she wasn't. He was on the floor with his legs open and she pulled her legs away only to kick him on his nuts. He groaned and put his hands on his crotch. The crowd gasped and she took a few steps away.