Just Us

*Drumrolls*
*Drumrolls*
*Drumrolls*

And finally, The Last Chapter is here! Enjoy you guys *wiping fake tears*

.............

I dressed up with my girls in my room and we all waited for the guys to arrive. It's about time they started picking us up on time rather than applying makeup all day. I mean, how long does it take for a guy to get ready? They have to wear a tux, gel their hair and voila. But no, they have to take time to get ready. I heard the doorbell ring and jumped from my seat to open the door. I know I can't avoid Prom so I just wanted to get it over with. I expected all the guys to be here but I was surprised to see just Brian standing on the door. He was wearing a black neat coat and a white shirt. He would have looked extremely attractive but for someone who is desperately trying to find someone else in him, he looked okay. 

"Hello gorgeous." He said and placed a small kiss on the back of my hand.
"Hey handsome." I said desperately trying to be happy about the fact that I am being dragged to a place I obviously didn't want to go. He smirked and guided me to his car. I went in and we took off. When we arrived at the location, I was feeling better. I mean, I may not be interested in the company but the place looked amazing. It was decorated in pink and violet flowers and they even laid down a red carpet in the front with many pictures of this year to the side. I was in many of them; with my friends, with Mark and one was even with Carter. I was so close to breaking down when I felt a hand on my waist. I saw Brian looking at me smiling sadly.

"He will come around." He said in understanding and I nodded quietly. At least I am not with some asshole. I mean things could have been worse but Brian seemed like a nice guy. I went in and saw people dancing to the tunes of Imagine Dragons. 
"You wanna get a drink?" He asked me when we stood by a corner.
"Badly."
"Okay, what do you prefer?"
"Your choice." I said and he gave me one of his signature cheeky smiles. He went away and as I was waiting I saw a very familiar face walking in the hall. My face broke into a huge smile, first time in weeks and I ran towards him and hugged him.

"Somebody missed me." He said and I chuckled.
"What are you doing here Taylor?" I asked him.

Carter's POV

I didn't feel like going to the prom but I guess it would be a good thing to take my mind off her. I picked up Carla as she said and she came out wearing a white and blue dress that hugged her body in all the right places. Yet I just wished she was someone else. I plastered a smile on my face and went to the prom with her. They had all these pictures of students from the year and in one of them, I saw I and Liv looking at each other intently. I walked in ignoring the emptiness I felt in me and my eyes involuntarily searched for a familiar face. When I saw her, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was wearing a beautiful red dress and she looked elegant and sexy at the same time. I also knew she was beautiful but standing there in her utmost glory, I just wanted to run over to her and hug her and tell her how beautiful she looked. I wanted to kiss those lips which I have always thought about. How perfect they would feel against mine but I know I will never get a chance. I should have just known that she was too good for me. I should have just accepted the fact that I can't level with her no matter how much I try. I kept staring at her but she was just looking down. She looked at the entrance probably waiting for her friends when I saw her running towards someone. She straight up hugged a guy I have never seen around and smiled at him. She looked genuinely happy and my heart itched at that sight. I wanted her to be happy with me. Brian came up to her and handed her the drink and she introduced him to the guy. They shake hands and Brian excused himself giving them space to talk. 

I never saw Brian coming in the picture. I thought that football after party flirt was a one time thing but I never for once thought that he would as her out and more importantly, she would say yes. She said no to me and yes to him which obviously means that she is not interested in me. She tried talking to me once or twice in between classes but I ignored her altogether. I don't think I had the courage to hear what she has to say and more than that, I didn't want her to listen to what reason she might have to reject me. I understood that she was not able to trust me and that's fair which is why I took her with me and apologized to all those girls. I felt better myself but more than that, I desperately wanted her to not think of me as a man whore but I good enough guy for her.