Chapter 13

Van Helsing and Anna made it back to the area where they were last with Lilith, trying to figure out how far she could have gone, since they were last there.

"She couldn't have wandered too far. She's walking on foot. If we start following her foot prints that have been left behind," Anna began.

"There aren't any. It's not like there is snow, or mud on the ground that she walked through to leave foot prints," Van Helsing said annoyed. "I shouldn't have let her walk off like that. I should have tried to calm her down. This is time that could be used to putting an end to the terror that haunts these lands."

"She's most likely hiding, watching as you and I look around, trying to figure out which direction she had gone in; thinking that we are fools. I honestly believe that we should leave her alone, and let her come to us, when she's done having a tantrum," Anna suggested.

"That is the kind of attitude that chased Lilith off in the first place. Why can't you just get along with her? It would make things go a lot smoother," Van Helsing said.

"You can be fooled into thinking that everything will be okay. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dracula has already poisoned her mind of your precious partner, that you seem to value so much. I say let Dracula keep her. He will be distracted long enough, which will give us enough time to learn everything that we need to know about him," Anna argued.

"And what if he goes tired of having her around," Van Helsing asked.

"You said it yourself. Dracula claims that your partner is his lost love. What makes you think that he would grow bored of her? If anything, he may be so infatuated with her, that he forgets all about us wanting him dead," Anna said.

"What if Dracula takes the opportunity to turn her? Then I have failed my partner. I could never live with myself if I allow that to happen. I won't be lectured by the holy order, about how I allowed the enemy to gain an ally that is just as skilled as I am. that is one of the reasons why we have to find Lilith and bring her back," Van Helsing said as he and Anna continued to walk on only to stop by some charred ruins.

"I wouldn't hold it against you, if you didn't succeed in finding your partner. I know you feel a responsibility to save her and protect her from all evil. But what if it was written in the stars that your partner was meant to meet her end here...at this very battle of good versus evil? There is nothing we can do to keep it from happening. If your partner Lilith was meant to give her life, then it's going to happen. You might as well accept that now," Anna said.

"No! I won't accept any of that nonsense! My partner Lilith will not die here in Romania. We have many more missions to go on together. Nothing will take her away from me," Van Helsing said.

"You're being a stubborn jack ahhh," Anna screamed as the ground gave out from underneath her and Van Helsing.

Lilith and Dracula walked on through the woods with Dracula leading the way. "My love, I'm so glad to finally have you back. But, why did you run away from me?"

"I thought you would make an attempt to kill me. I am after all on the same side as your enemies. I didn't want you to kill me in the cruelest ways possible...ways that only you would think of, and would go through with; ways that no other man would dare dream of doing, out of fear of being called a mad man," Lilith explained.

Dracula looked shocked. "My love where did you hear such things being said? Yes, I may be a monster, but never towards women. Not once have I harmed or killed a woman. The other three are the ones who would do the killings of women."