Chapter 5

Authors note: Hey guys.  I just want to take a moment to apologize for not updating for several weeks.  I have been so wrapped up with getting ready for Christmas.  I don't want you all to think I forgot about you.  I promise I didn't.  All while getting ready for Christmas, I have been writing the chapters for Dracula's Lost Love, and I have been meaning to type them up, so that way I can update more often.  I assure that I will be resuming normal Saturday updates either after Christmas or at the beginning of the new year.  I hope you all enjoy this next chapter of Dracula's Lost Love.

"How did it go with bringing Jekyll and Hyde back," Carl asked only to receive a glare that told him everything he needed to know. "You see this is why they get annoyed with you. The Holy Order wants you to bring these men back for questioning. If they wanted you to kill them, they would have told you to do so. Where was your partner Lilith when all of this took place?"

"She was in a coma from a bad accident that occurred on our last mission, that we went on together. But apparently, she had woken up during the chase with Hyde and she left to come join me on the mission, without thinking as Cardinal Jinette eloquently put it," Van Helsing said before stepping closer to Carl. "Something happened to her while we were in Paris. She told me that it was nothing, but I feel like there is something that she is not telling me."

"If Lilith is hiding something from you, you can't force it out of her. You are going to have to be patient and wait for her to be ready to tell you what it is that you feel she is hiding from you. Simple as that," Carl responded.

"I may have already messed things up with Lilith. I said to Cardinal Jinette how Lilith was leaning against the wall, with her eyes closed. She didn't Cardinal Jinette finding out about it," Van Helsing explained.

"You need to learn to leave things alone. Makes it so much easier when you and your partner are not at each other's throats, trying to kill the other for something that you weren't supposed to do," Carl said.

"Not once have I said I wanted to kill Lilith, or felt any kind of urge to kill her," Van Helsing said.

"Well with your slip up, I wouldn't be surprised if Lilith would want to kill you. She did place her trust in you and you just had to go and break it," Carl said.

"I'll manage to gain Lilith's trust back in no time. How hard can it be," Van Helsing asked.

"From what you say about her, it might be very hard," Carl said while loading all sorts of weapons in a bag for Van Helsing to take with him on his mission.

"What are you putting into that bag, Van Helsing said ignoring Carl's remark about him having to work hard to gain Lilith's trust back.

"All of the essentials that you are going to need to take down that Dracula fellow. You're going to need holy water, rings of garlic, silver stakes, crucifixes," Carl began to list off before losing Van Helsing's attention to a Gatling gun being tested out.

"How can I get me one of those," Van Helsing asked.

Carl looked over at the Gatling gun before rolling his eyes. "You obviously never gone after a vampire before. You don't kill them with a Gatling gun. Everybody knows that."

"Witches, vampires warlocks...They're all practically the same," Van Helsing said.

"Not true, my granny can kill a warlock. Vampires, well they need to be staked in the heart. Ask Lilith about this. She will tell you all about that. Shoot the both of you can have a lengthy discussion about it while the both of you travel all the way to Romania together," Carl said.