Clean up

I am on a high that drugs can't give you. The sound of his heartbeat and the smell of his blood is all I can think about, and all I can feel. I am so energetic, right now, that I just want to run, run as fast as I can until my heart explodes.

I quickly and cautiously sneak through the shadows and dark spaces behind the building to work my way to the service station, only looking back once to get a last look at my work. I hate leaving him there for just anyone to find, but I have no choice. I had at least covered up his exposed insides with what was left of his shirt.

I run into the ladies room with no problems. I didn't see anyone. The place is dead tonight. I take off my bloody leather gloves. I get my bag out of the trash can and take out it's contents. I use the empty shopping bag to put all the blood soaked clothes, shoes, and the weapons I used tonight in. I wash my hair in the sink with a travel size shampoo I had put in my bag, along with a towel, a wash cloth, a change of clothes, and a pair of shoes. I wrap my wet hair up in the towel and begin thoroughly washing my body of any possible blood stains. Now I get dressed and place the towel, wash cloth, and empty shampoo into the shopping bag, as well. Now, everything I had on must be disposed of.

I crack the ladies room door open and take a peek. I don't see anyone, so I slip out. I sneak through the shadows again with my cold wet hair clinging to my neck and dripping down my shirt. The cold air helps me to come back down from that incredible high. I still feel wonderful, but I'm coming down. This is good. I desperately need some sleep.

Before I get to my building, I make a dumpster dive. I have to dump the bag, but I don't want to toss it in on top of all the other garbage, so I climb in to dig a hole down in the trash to bury my bag. This may be risky. But burning it would draw attention.

I finally get home and take a hot shower, washing my hair and body again. I slip into bed with the thought of his blood, pain, and fear in my head as a replacement for sheep counting. I sleep, at last, without nightmares.