Chapter 17

"Whoa!" I shouted from the highest cliff as I stepped down from the lift.

"Shut up." Ethan was with me--forever sunshine.

The mountains were so beautiful.They were blanketed with a thick layer of snow that seemed like powder from a distance.It was chilly, I was clad in layers along with my ski equipment."Can we start now?" I couldn't wait, I was too excited.

"You know how to ski?" I couldn't see Ethan's complete face due to our goggles but I was pretty sure he was surprised.

"Of course, I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"In that case, wait till everyone's here." His voice was chillier than the weather.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Heya!" Emilia came followed by everyone else.

"Let's get this show started." Ava said from behind.

Everyone started going one by one. I went after Emilia.

I could feel the thrill as I slid down with high speed, chilly winter air whipping at my face causing my hair to blow in all directions.I decided to do the zigzag and I was cheered on by Ava and Asher. It was the most fun I have had after Hawaii. I looked over and saw Em struggling a bit with her balance, in an effort to regain it, she wasn't looking ahead, there was a big brown boulder.

"Em!" I shouted, "Emilia!" , she looked towards me but it was too late I almost made my way there but Ace swept in before me. And like a hero swerved her away before catching her.

"Are you okay?"He asked.

"Yes, thanks for being a literal lifesaver." Em chuckled as she looked up at him.

Emilias was safe now, but I could see how he still hadn't let her go. And Emilia definitely didn't have a problem with that. We all made our way over to them.

"Emilia, be careful!" Asher said in a worried tone as he walked towards her. Ace let her go.

"I'm fine Asher."

"You better be or I'll leave you right here. You're not a kid anymore." I remembered the multiple times Em had fallen or tripped due to her clumsiness and Asher always saved her. The three of us had gotten close ever since Em's dad left them and they came to live with us. It was nothing new seeing Asher being this worried over her.

"I think we should take a break." Ethan announced as we nodded in unison.

We went in for some hot tea in the nearby shack and eventually got tired and came back to the cabin. As I entered the bathroom for a nice hot bath I was shocked to see the tub full of ice.Ethan sauntered in wearing nothing but a towel.

"If you'll give me some privacy."

"Yeah I will. But why the hell is the tub full of iced water?"

"It's ápres-ski. You need to soak in iced water to prevent muscle inflammation."

"Why would anyone in their right mind ever do that?"

"To prevent body ache?"I could sense the sarcasm dripping from his tone.

I just held my hands up in surrender and made my way out.

"You should do it too." He said as he gave me a smile and shut the door in my face.

I still couldn't believe it, so I searched it up and sure enough it was the truth. I never experienced body ache as I was a kid last time I went skiing and my metabolism was real fast but now I'm not sure enough. 

As he came out of the bathroom he took a seat in front of the fire place with coffee in his hand, looking like a very pretentious rich snob. Which he actually is.