Chapter 22

I slammed the door to the apartment shut, my jaw clenched and my face probably red with anger. I was fuming, and I could probably punch a hole in the wall.

"Sky?" Ross poked his head out of the bathroom, an eyebrow raised. His hair was wet, and droplets were falling on the floor.

"What?" I snapped, slamming my purse on the kitchen counter. I angrily grabbed a seat and just glared at the fridge.

"Uh, what's wrong?" He asked hesitantly. "Because when you left you were all happy, and now you looked incredibly pissed."

I scoffed. "Thank you, Captain Obvious." I heard him mumble something, but couldn't quite make out what he said. I just glared at him, causing him to immediately shut the door. I closed my eyes for a few moments, letting out a few breaths before feeling my body start to relax. My stomach grumbled, so I decided to make myself a little snack which consisted of pickles and chocolate. That was the one thing about being pregnant that was strange; The weird cravings I would get. But I had to admit that dipping pickles in chocolate was really good.

"Are your hormones in check?" Ross asked, emerging from the bathroom fully dressed in sweats. His hair was still wet, but he was running a towel through it.

I stopped mid dip and sent him a glare. "I am not hormonal." He scoffed and grabbed one of my pickles, munching on it without any chocolate. "Are you trying to tell me I'm hormonal?"

"No," He responded sarcastically. "Walking in here all pissed with no reason whatsoever doesn't make you hormonal." He rolled his eyes and plopped down on the seat next to me.

"I am pissed for a reason." I glared. "I had a bunch of dick customers at work." I stuck my tongue out at him and took another bite out of my chocolate covered pickle.

He chuckled and patted my knee. "You always have dick customers at work. Face it, Sky. You're only pissed because you're hormonal."

My eyes narrowed. "If I wasn't pregnant, I'd tackle you to the ground." I finished off my pickle and walked away, entering the bedroom and shutting the door behind me. Although I was tired, I had to work on my research paper for class that was due in a few days. I only had one page completed and it needed to be six pages total. Ross hadn't even started yet.

About an hour later, I had another two pages complete. But I definitely didn't want to continue working on it now, so I shut my laptop and stood up, stretching my limbs. My back was aching, and I desperately needed a massage. I quickly changed out of my clothes, leaving me in just a bra and underwear. I grabbed the cocoa butter from my dresser and started applying it around my stomach.

"Sky, wha-Oh, shit!" I let out a squeal and immediately tried covering my myself up with my arms as Ross slammed the door shut behind me. "Sky, I am so sorry!" He yelled from behind the door. "If it helps, I only saw a little!"

My eyes widened and I felt my face heat up. "That doesn't help at all! Why the hell didn't you knock?" I slipped on a pair of his sweats and T-shirt.

"Uh, because it's my room, too."

I rolled my eyes. "You can come in." The door opened slowly, and Ross' head was the only thing that popped in. "I'm fully dressed, Ross. You don't have to check before you walk in."

He walked in completely, but his eyes were looking everywhere but me. I groaned and flopped down on the bed. "Great. Now you can't even look at me." My eyes fixated on the ceiling.

I heard him let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Sky. It's just that I've never seen you like that." The awkwardness in his voice was evident.

I scoffed. "What? Huge? Fat?"