(038.) UNDER THE SAME PINK-ISH SKY

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ UNDER THE SAME PINK-ISH SKY. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Did we just hug yesterday?"

Angelica and Dream laid next to each other on the blanket they had placed on the backyard, enjoying the afternoon sky with their pets next to them.

"Yeah," Dream nodded, a breathless chuckle escaping his lips. He turned to look at the girl and smiled a bit before glancing at the sky again. "Did you just remember or something?"

"No, I was just thinking about it," Angelica hummed, glancing at him and immediately looking away when she saw him already staring at her.

"Hmm, thinking about me, too?" Dream snorted, nudging her and Angelica slapped him in the forehead gentle enough. He yelped and let out an "ow," slapping her arm next just as gentle.

"No."

"M'kay," Dream said, shrugging, clearly not believing her.

The two laughed and stayed silent. Angelica closed her eyes, feeling the soft breeze of the wind on her face, making her smile a bit. So refreshing. She also enjoyed running her hands over the grass beneath her fingers, the green blades sliding between the gaps of her fingers and ticking her skin. She just loved the feeling.

Dream simply stared at the sky, mind running, remembering that he used to do this with his ex-girlfriend, too, when she would come visit in an occasion. Maybe, him thinking about her had to do with the fact that she had texted him, reminding him of memories he had tried to hide in the back of his head, because now, everything reminded him of her.

Angelica thought about him, on the other hand. She really enjoyed moments like these where the two weren't hated on on an occasion but people who hated them on the internet. She really enjoyed these type of days where they pointed at the clouds and tried to come up with the most sexual-looking clouds. She just... enjoyed moments like these which explained the countless of videos and photos she had taken on her phone.

"Did you ever enjoy school?" Dream asked, cutting them off from their thoughts and daydreams.

Angelica looked at him and shook her head. "I didn't enjoy going to school, but... I was grateful for getting an education when I remembered that my mom wasn't able to get an education my age. I really enjoyed my friends and some teachers, but... the other students made it horrible. Did you?"

"No," Dream shook his head, too. "I didn't go to school for months so I was told to go to online school, so I did. But, why were the kids horrible at your school?"

"The boys," Angelica rolled her eyes at just the brief mention of the boys in her school. "You had to be careful or else the amount of shit they would talk would be crazy. Don't even get me started on that one boy who told his girlfriend I slept with him just for her to hit me."

"Did she hurt you?" Dream stared at the girl and she snorted.

"I wasn't going to let myself be slapped," Angelica chuckled. "I punched her first since my older brother taught me and she ran away, scared. I had to blackmail her not to tell teachers or anything like that so I wouldn't get suspended."

Dream chuckled. "You were a badass, then?"

"No," Angelica snickered. She smiled at the mere memories of school. "I mean, I was, kind of, a 'nerd' since many people called me that. It's not my fault, though. I was put to a high expectation from my parents and I had to make sure I was on top of my class. You should've seen their face when I didn't end up being valedictorian."

"I'm sure you did great," Dream smiled at her and she smiled back at him. "How did they react when you told them you didn't want to go school?"

"Not great," she laughed at remembering her parents expressions. "My mom was wondering what the hell was wrong with me, that I was wasting my time and wouldn't be able to accomplish anything just by playing video games. My dad, though, he was supportive. He bought me my first set up and he respected me a lot."

"Your dad was always supportive of you?" Angelica nodded. "That's good. I can't bear to think that majority of your life you had this person, your mom, who would constantly bring you down. It's just not right."

"It's whatever," Angelica shrugged, clearly not as phased anymore. "I got your mom now. She's so kind to me."

"My mom loves you," Dream let small giggles escape his lips at remembering the first time he introduced the girl to his mom.

"My dad loves you," Angelica shook her head, an amused smile stretched on her lips as she thought about the conversation she had with her dad last night who was telling her about Dream, oddly enough, since the man was a jealous man. He didn't like it when his daughters talked about their significant others or crushes. "He asked me how tall you were and that he was saying how he liked your shoes. I had to tell him I bought them for you and showed him a picture of your other shoes. We laughed so hard at your shoes."

"You're just making fun of me now," Dream flicked her forehead. "But, maybe I should just let you do my shopping. I really liked what I wore."

"I should," Angelica nodded rapidly, clearly into the idea. But Dream simply laughed and snorted, telling her he was being sarcastic. She looked at him with a plain expression and shook her head. "Maybe I should braid your hair. It's getting kind of long."

"Later," Dream yawned, continuing to stare at the sky. Angelica stared at his side profile and looked away, smiling at the way the sky was a pink color by now. "Hey." Angelica looked at him again. "I've noticed that you're slowly getting better at loving yourself. Good job."

It was true. Though it had only been a few days that Dream talked to her about the fact that she needed to believe that she was beautiful, Angelica really has been more positive about her body. It was hard, but... She had started leaving reminders for herself, started complimenting herself more, and would stop going to Dream so he could tell her if she looked nice. Dream was proud of her. All the efforts, she was doing it, not him. Her.

Angelica smiled at him.

"It's not easy but... Taking it slow day by day."

"I'm really happy, Angelica.

"Yeah, don't start getting sappy on me."

"Shut up. Oh, my God."

"Stop laughing! You're going to make me laugh."

"Good!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I might reveal angsty
chapter title names so
you guys can be prepared. Might
reveal my "angst" playlist too.
Would you guys want that?

Also, if you joined me on
Discord and heard me........
You didn't hear anything.

Another also, something that
I found funny, is that I received
a text message from my old
crush today on IG and he immediately
deleted it, so I'm left wondering
what it said 🥲🥲🥲