(054.) HER GHOST OF A PRESENCE

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ HER GHOST OF A PRESENCE. ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Dream looked down at his notes app, eyes glancing at the countless of poems and writings he had written over the course of the two months he and Angelica has been basically living together. They were all... the epitome of butterflies in the stomach and just by reading them, he got his own butterflies.

Angelica wasn't home. She had packed some things and left to her sister's new house, the one she had mentioned when she had spoken to him. Her sister, from what Dream could hear, almost went to where he was in the basement, most likely going to scold him for hurting her sister. Thankfully, though, Angelica had stopped her, muttering a small "it's not worth it" under her breath.

"It's not worth it."

That repeated phrase is echoing in his brain and the silence in the house is haunting him, screaming at him for all of his mistakes. But, he did the right thing. He did the right thing. He did the right thing... right?

No, he did.

Right?

He didn't know. He didn't want to care. But, as he told himself to stop caring about the situation, the more he wished it would sink in and he would just forget. He just couldn't, though.

With one last sigh, Dream slumped in his chair, hating the silence. Even Patches, who was looking out the window as if waiting for Angelica and Gumbo to come, didn't want to head towards him.

As his phone rang, Dream groaned a little as he answered the call he was receiving and was met with deafening silence.

"So, you messed up," George's voice was heard.

"You know?"

"Of course I know!" George exclaimed. "My close friend called me because you basically hurt her."

"Are you finished?" Dream glared at his phone, eyeing his best friend's contact name. "If you're done scolding me, you can hang up now."

"No!" George yelled before lowering his voice. "Alright, now, as your best friend, what's wrong?"

"She told me she liked me, like, a month ago and I told her that I wasn't interested," Dream explained, rubbing a hand on the skin of his forehead. "She clearly understood like the fucking good person she is and... and I kissed her, knowing that she liked me and knowing in the back of my head that nothing would come out of it."

"Go on..."

"I'm afraid," Dream shakily let out, continuing to rub the skin of his forehead. "What I had with... you-know-who has stuck with me. Because of her, because of what she did to me, I just believe that everyone is going to hurt me like her. I appreciate Angelica, I deeply admire her for who she is, and God, she's so amazing, George. She is... she is ethereal. She's too perfect for me."