A Talk Between Siblings

The Slayer looks at Gabriel for what feels like an eternity, before his little brother rushes forward and wraps him in a hug, the elder brother quickly returning it.

"Yeah, I missed you too, little bro," he says, smiling. It's been about a year since he saw one of his siblings, and had been missing them dearly.

Gabriel eventually lets go and smiles. Suddenly, he wavers a little bit and almost falls over, the Slayer catching him in the nick of time.

"Easy. When was the last time you took a rest?" He asks, seeing the bags under his brother's eyes.

"I think it was a few years ago. Michael says that I need to stop and take a breath, but there's too much work to do. I'll be fine, Caedes" 

"I told you. If you're using my name, just call me Kade. It's a lot easier that way" the Slayer holds Gabe by the arm and steadies him, wanting to make sure he didn't fall over.

"Yeah, if you say so. I'm really jealous, you know. Infinite endurance seems pretty great right about now" Gabriel mumbles out, giving a small smile.

"It doesn't matter what I CAN do. It matters what YOU can't. You need to take a break. You're not much good to anyone if you can't stand up straight"

"I guess. I'll try to take some time off. But enough about me. How are things with you?"

"Eh, same old, same old. Things are pretty boring down here, to be honest. I saved a prostitute from his boss, patched him up. Oh, and I cleared out a bar filled with demons, so that was fun"

"Yeah, that sounds like something you would do," Gabriel pauses for a moment, "There's something I've been wondering about. Why are you so interested in the Princess?" 

The Slayer pauses for a moment, before simply stating, "She's more angel than demon. She's family. And I'm sure you know that we don't give up on family" 

"Amen," Gabriel replies with a smile, before a sad look comes over his face. "Speaking of family, hav-" 

"No. I haven't seen Luci. I don't want to either. I'm not sure if I'd be able to stop myself from ripping his head off if we meet with each other" The Slayer cuts Gabe off, giving him a stern look.

The younger brother quickly silences himself, knowing that Lucifer is a sensitive topic for the Slayer.

An awkward silence floats down between them, before Caedes asks, "So, how at the others doing?"

Gabriel gives a small smile. "Things are alright. Michael is working hard with organizing the people, Zodkiel and Raphael are trying to help an impoverished nation in the West Indies, but things aren't going so well. The connections between the Guardians and the humans they protect have been growing a bit weak. Nothing that some hard work can't fix, though"

"Yeah, that's more or less how I guessed things would be going. What's Father doing?"

"Mostly is working on answering prayers. He's been adding a lot of names to the Lamb's Book of Life"

"That's good to hear"

Gabriel just nods, before getting a look at the Slayer's gear. 

"I see you upgraded" he states, holding up his brother's arm to get a glimpse at the blade attached to it. 

"I wanted to try something new. It's made things a lot more entertaining as well" Caedes states, letting his younger sibling examine his armor.

"So, have you found any strong demons to fight?" Gabe asks, messing with the small cannon on the Slayer's shoulder. 

"Only two were truly worthy of being called strong. There was a guy who goes by Alastor. He's definitely powerful. I thought I would have to use a Wing to beat him, but I managed without it in the end"

"Oh? And what about the other one?" 

"It was one of the Princes, actually. A tall bird guy. I actually did have to use a Wing for him. He was definitely not a pushover, at least for most fighters"

Gabriel is about to say something, but there's a ding from the watch he was wearing. 

"Sorry to cut this short, but I've got to get back. A lot of work to do" Gabriel says, giving Caedes a tired smile.

The slayer grabs his brother by the arm and pulls him into a hug. "You take care of yourself, little bro. Get some rest. You need it" he tells him, letting go and standing back.

"Thanks, Kade," Gabriel says with a small smile, before he begins to glow with white light, six wings sprouting from his back. All of a sudden, there's a flash of light, and he's gone.

The Slayer pauses for a moment, before turning and grabbing his helmet from off the floor and slipping it on, walking to the room's door and opening it. 

He isn't surprised to see Angel tumble to the ground, having been leaning up against the door, trying to listen in.

"What were you even doing in there?" He asks, getting up and rubbing his elbows, which had slammed on the floor. 

"That's none of your concern" VEGA states, the Slayer having gone back to being silent.

"Then why couldn't I hear anything?"

"Simple holy magic. It masks the vibrations of an object, and keeps sound from going through"

At the mention of vibrations, Angel is visibly fighting himself to not make one of his dirty jokes, but manages to keep himself composed, though just barely.

Charlie, once she's sure that Angel won't say anything he'll regret, walks up to her uncle. "Soooooo, if you're going to be staying here for a while, you want me to find you a room? There's a ton at the moment" 

The Slayer thinks for a moment, before nodding. Charlie breaks into a smile and grabs him by the arm, pulling him down one of the long hallways of the hotel and opening one of the doors, exposing the rather simple, yet large room.

"This one doesn't have a bed, which is probably perfect because of the whole 'infinite endurance' thing. If you need something, just tell us" she says, before giving him a quick hug and walking back to the lobby.

The Slayer walks into the room, closing the door and locking it behind him. He sits against one of the walls and leans his head back. After a few seconds, he takes off his helmet and sets it on the floor. 

"Want to watch something to pass the time?" VEGA asks him, to which the Slayer nods. The AI starts up one of the helmet's many features and projects a video on the opposite wall.
After a bit of browsing, he eventually lands on 666 News, and the Slayer watches for anything interesting, but it's mostly just turf wars and random killings, though there is the report about his little massacre at that bar. Unfortunately, the moth demon survived, but all of his arms were broken, so he wouldn't be holding a gun anytime soon.