New Arrival

Husk feels a bit too sober at the moment. Mainly in part to the Slayer soaking him with vinegar from the bathroom shower. Though the vodka in his hands should fix the problem quickly.

     The cat demon watches as Alastor walks out of the hotel, obviously wanting to blow off some steam. The cause of his anger is obvious, though Husk isn't stupid enough to push the issue, especially not with someone as powerful as the Radio Demon.

     For now, Husk just focussed on getting as drunk as possible as fast as possible. With his luck, though, something's gonna come along and ruin it.

     The front doors of the hotel burst open with a bang as what looked to be a white-skinned demon with blue freckles, dark blue hair, and blue clothes covered in red blood. She looked downright terrified, though the reason why was unclear until the sounds of loud cheering and yelling can be heard approaching the hotel.

     The demon couldn't even speak as she was hyperventilating from fear. She had long lines of tears streaming down her face and was cut in multiple places.

     "Come on out, you little b!t<h! We promise to make it quick" A deep voice calls out from outside, and the female demon scurries away and dives behind Husk's bar, huddling in a corner.

     After thinking for a second, Husk crouches down and tries to look as non-threatening as possible. Of course, Alastor ends up leaving right before we need him. Husk thinks.

     "What's happening?" Vaggie asks from Husk's left. She has enough of a heart to not act aggressively in front of the already terrified demon. Charlie walks in close behind her, immediately running over to kneel by Husk. She whispers to the female, trying to calm her down.

     Vaggie rushes over to the doors and opens them just a crack so that she can see outside. "That's a lot of guys" She states, taking note of the crowd of demons outside.

     "Where's Al?" Charlie asks the cat demon beside her.

     "Left. Needed to clear his head"

     Charlie looks extremely worried, though the sound of heavy footfalls catches all of their attention. 

     They all turn and watch as the Slayer walks into the main lobby. He turns ever so slightly to look at the bloody demon huddling in the corner, who shrinks away as much as she can when his eyes land on her. However, he turns away and starts to walk towards the front door. He flicks his wrist, and a short jet of flame erupts from it, changing shape until in a matter of seconds he held a double-barreled shotgun.

 He flicks his wrist, and a short jet of flame erupts from it, changing shape until in a matter of seconds he held a double-barreled shotgun

     He lightly pushes Vaggie aside and places a hand on the door, opening it and walking outside. 

     The Slayer quickly counts the demons in front of him and makes note of their weapons. Almost all of them carried Exterminator Spears, though a couple had firearms, which were likely only for disabling their targets to the others could finish them off. He notices that one of them, a hellhound, carried a large rocket launcher.

     The demons seem a little bit cautious at the sight of the Slayer's armor, though the ones with firearms just open fire. However, the rounds evaporate before they can touch his armor and exposed skin. As he suspected, the demons didn't have holy bullets, which are both scarce and very expensive. Only demons like Overlords can get their hands on them.

     Annoyed at their lack of progress at taking this guy out, the hellhound walks to the front of the group and aims. He fires, the rocket flying at the Slayer with blinding speed.

     Shifting his right hand up, the Slayer fires his shotgun from the hip, and the rocket explodes, a large cloud of smoke separating the demons from the Archangel.

     The demons brace themselves for an attack, though they aren't able to react as the Slayer launches straight through the smoke. Unbeknownst to them, he had replaced the shell he had just fired with a new one. He grabs the hellhound by the shoulder and places the barrels of his shotgun against the hellhound's stomach. He doesn't get a chance to even acknowledge what was about to happen before the Slayer pulls the trigger. Light-emitting pellets rip through the demon's abdomen and shoot out the other end, dragging chunks of flesh with it.

     The other demons are paralyzed from pure unbridled terror. Taking advantage of their hesitation, the Slayer quickly pops out the blade on his arm and stabs it through the chest of one of the demons, which looked to have a body based on a crocodile. One of his allies, another crocodile demon, tries to stab the Slayer with the spear in his hands. The armored creature casually grabs the tip of the weapon and effortlessly crushes it, before firing a shot through the body he was holding and into the now helpless demon. 

     Dropping the body, the Slayer quickly moves to one of the other demons, which looked to be based on a lion, and slams him with a massive uppercut, knocking him into the air. The Slayer pops open his shotgun, ignoring the two shells that had flown out and were vanishing into bursts of flame. The demon killer flicks his wrist, and two new shells form in his palm. Sliding them into the shotgun's barrels, The Slayer flicks the firearm up, locking the barrels into the firing position, before quickly aiming his double-barrel and firing both barrels simultaneously. The sheer amount of pellets quite literally rips the lion demon in half. As his body hits the asphalt, the remaining demons make the smart decision and run, dropping their weapons as they would just slow them down.  

     The Slayer watches them run, loading his shotgun with slugs instead of the former buckshot. He aims with one hand. As they run, he considers firing. He's certain he can kill all four, as the ones he doesn't shoot will still be in range after killing the first two. However, the Slayer lowers his firearm and lets it evaporate into flames. Killing them is unnecessary. They won't be coming here again. This he's sure of.

     The Slayer looks down at his armor, seeing his body soaked in the blood of the demons he'd just killed. He ignites white flames all over his body, watching as they burn the blood away. he checks himself over, wanting to keep from dirtying up the Hotel with the byproducts of his little skirmish. 

     Confident that he was clean, the Slayer walks back to the Hotel, not even glancing back at the bodies.