Part 1: Meeting the goopy guy!

As you drag your dust-covered shoes across the patterned, modern road, you look up in front of you to be greeted with a humongous, flashing board, imprinting the words: 'Las Nevadas' into your mind. Your tired, yet eager face immediately formed a slight smile, just enough for you to realise that you're going to love it working here. 
While you keep trodding along the road, the lights and the luminescent colours all become clearer, mesmerising you and keeping you determined to keep your word that you had muttered to the boss himself days before this.
'Once I get chance, I will come here again and visit you. And truth be told, I can't wait to work here with you.'
The dotty concrete came to a halt as you found yourself in front of a grand, spurting fountain, all crafted out of the finest quartz, and hand-chiselled in the most amazing patterns. You dip your hand into the clear, sparkling water. It felt.. homely, welcoming, and as if you could slip yourself into it and never come out again. You resisted the urge to climb in and just lay there and kept walking all the way to the long, beaming building you knew as 'the needle'.
You look up at the needle with great admiration, and with you being all intrigued, you climb up to the top, hoping to be greeted with your soon-to-be boss.
As you reach the top, you come to a halt at where the elevations end, and clamber on out of the small, cramped climbing space. You take one step onto the needle's main area, and spot a set of seats for you to sit down on. You quickly select a smooth, wooden chair to collapse into, gasping for air as you finally get a chance to rest from all of the walking and climbing.
'Just a quick nap..' You think to yourself as you drift off.
I cannot believe I'm here right now, and I'm here to get a job and become rich. This is going to be the best thing to ever possibly happen to me. I wonder when he's gonna get he-
*squelch*
Your eyes flicker open to be greeted with a blob of green.. slime? goop?
'What on earth is th-' you start to speak but you pause as you spot somebody on the other side of the pod.
As you sit up and get out of your chair, you quietly sneak around the corner and peek your head out to see who it is. Your vision is blurry due to your exhaustion, so you can't really tell, so you take a gamble.
'Boss..? Big Q? I'm here for the job?' You splutter as you struggle to stand up.
The figure turns and makes eye contact with you, and then approaches you. Welp. It wasn't him. The figure edged closer to you with a confused expression on its face. You could finally see its features. Fair-haired.. glasses.. emerald-green eyes.. a white shirt and... why is it covered in goo? The same goo I saw earlier?? What is going on?
As you attempt to get a word out, you feel your world spinning.
'Ah crap.' You mutter a mere two words and then your lifeless body slams onto the hard floor with a thud.