Part 4: Bonding :]

You wake up from that weirdly comfortable sleep, and found that Charlie had disappeared. As you lift yourself up via the bridge fence, you hear shouting from the needle.
'Y/N! Hello there! Look at me! I'm going to jump off so I can get to you!' The goopy boy shouted, preparing himself to jump.
I've been awake for literally half a minute, what on earth-?
'Don't jump! Please don't! You'll hurt yourself!' You shout back, now attempting to run to the needle.
'I won't get hurt! I'm goop!' He leapt from the tower, and just for a second, stayed in mid-air somehow, but after only 2 second of this, fell to the ground with a large SPLAT.
'Charlie?! Charlie are you okay?!' You run over to him, not knowing what to do.'
Shit shit shit. Do I go get Quackity? This isn't good. He's gonna kill me.
All of a sudden, his 'body' started to regroup and mix back together. Around a minute in, he had finished getting himself back together, and stared at you with big, glass-like eyes once more. Then, he randomly spikes a huge smile, and goes over to you and hugs you. 'Hehe! I scared you, didn't I? I can't die by fall! I'm a slime!'
'You scared the crap out of me!' You say between laughs and sobs, wiping the tears off your cheeks.
'Oh..!' He looked at you and made eye contact. 'I'm sorry about that! I didn't mean to!'
You smile. You know that he didn't mean to be like this sometimes and accidentally hurt you, and you know he's trying to be the best person he can be.
Then, he grabs your hand. 'Can we go up there?' He asks, pointing to the giant Eiffel Tower that you've apparently NEVER SEEN BEFORE?
Shocked, you reply straight away. 'Sure! Yeah yeah..!'
As you both walk over, you stare at the massive structure, gleaming in the sunlight and coated with metallic gold paint, looking like something out of a dream.
You get over to the elevator, and it looks pretty normal: nothing fancy, just a silver box with some strings and wiring on it, but the actual structure begged to differ. As you both slip into the elevator, you press the button that clearly has an up arrow on it, and grab onto the side bars. You look over to Charlie, who is quite occupied tapping his feet on the floor, and tapping his gooey fingers onto the bar.
Once the elevator reaches the top, you grab his arm as he is very distracted, and drag him out. Once you step out, you ran to the side of the tower and glanced down at the world beneath you. 'Holy shit..! This is.. amazing!' You scream with excitement. You decide to pull out your phone to take a photo.
'Charlie! Come here a second!' You shout, hoping he'll actually be sensible enough for you to get a good photo or two. He rushes over and sees the phone.
'What are you going to do with that?' He asks, confused.
'I'm going to take a picture! Come over to me!' You gesture to sit on the bar next to you so you can get a picture with him, and he slides over to sit with you. You position your phone so you are both in frame together, and you also have the ground below you in-frame, too.
'Okay, do something nice! Like, smile!' You begin to count down.
3, 2, 1. Smile!
click!
You smile in unison with him, and your camera flashes, capturing you both in this photo together. You decide to take another with him since it looks amazing up here, and you're with one of your best friends, or maybe, your best, best friend..?
You press on the shutter again.
3, 2, 1!
click!
You look at Charlie, who is still staring at the phone, beaming a huge smile. 'Let's look at the photos, yeah?' You say to him, snapping him out of it.
'Yeah, let's do it!' He replies.
You boot up the camera roll app and you look at the two pictures. The first one has both of you smiling at the camera. It's a little blurry, but it's still really nice. 'Woah! Look at me! I look so cool! This is the first time I've seen me before! He whispers, obviously excited to see the next one.
You click over to the next photo and you see yourself smiling and putting up a peace sign, but Charlie is.. kissing your cheek?
You glance a look over at him and he smiles. 'You said to do something nice, so I did! I do this to everyone I like!'
You stare at the photo for a moment, and all of a sudden Charlie is behind you. 'Let's go down again!' You don't respond.
Charlie, growing inpatient, pushes you forcefully into the cart, and then slamming the down arrow button. You hit the wall of the cart with a THUD, and you groan. 'What the hell..?' You rub the back of your head as you try to get yourself back together, and Charlie squats down in front of you. He then puts his hand at the back of your head, and then removes it. 'Wow! You are made of slime too!' He reveals his hand to have traces of a red substance on them.
'No.. that's not slime, Charlie. That's blood. Us humans need blood in our systems to live, or we die.'  You get up, dazed.
He stares at you, shocked. 'Oh no! Hold on! I have something for you to cover it up with!'
He reaches into his slimy pocket and pulls out a mixture of plasters bandages. 'Quackity gave me some of these and told me if I ever got hurt to put one on the part that hurts!' He says, proud of what he's learnt and done.
'Okay, turn around please!' He grabs your back and you shiver. Damn. His hands are freezing cold. He then clears a space on your head and places a plaster down onto the part which is bleeding, then pushes down onto it so it stays. As he finishes, the elevator door swings open and Quackity is standing there.
'What are you two doing?' He questions, confused.
'I was just giving Y/N a plaster because I accidentally hurt their head!' He pats your head again, showing the plaster.
'Oh, okay. Well, I hope you're alright, Y/N.' He smiles at you briefly. 'Anyway, I have something to do, so please leave this elevator so I can go, thanks.' He nudges Charlie out of the cart, and gestures for you to leave. You step out, and the elevator all of a sudden shoots down. Probably to his little home/area.
You look up to the sky and it is already growing dark.
'It's nighttime already? What?' You say to Charlie, who is staring at his shoes. 'Charlie? You okay?'
He looks up at you with sad, puppy eyes.
'I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to and you looked so sad. That's the first time I've seen somebody get hurt and it's not nice.' He sulks, twiddling his fingers.
'No no, it's okay, don't wo-' In the middle of forgiving him, he launches himself at you, giving you a ginormous bear hug.
'I will protect you with my goop.' He buries his face into your neck and cries a little. As much as 'goop' sounds wrong, it's very sweet. He's doing what he can to protect you. You hug him back, and after what feels like hours of hugging, you both walk back to your quarters. You open the door and it looks the same. Charlie's little hole in the corner with a duvet and pillow, and you have a big, velvet-sheeted bed. Charlie hops down into his hole, settling in for the night, and you slip into your bed, getting ready to turn off the light.
'Goodnight Charlie!' You say to him.
'Goodnight Y/N!' He replies.
You switch off the light and begin to doze off, but then you feel something next to you. Not wanting to disturb Charlie, you grab your phone and use the flash to see what it is. For some reason, you see Charlie snuggled down in your bed, and he opens his eyes and just says this one thing.
'I wanted to protect you, so I will. I'm always going to be by your side, no matter what!' He smiles, and you beam a smile back at him. You switch your phone off, and slip back into your bed to sleep.
Everything is going to forever be okay now I have Charlie at my side. He's so protective over me, and if I ever lost him, I don't know what I could do.