16

Merry Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, Will."

Nico met Will's eyes and immediately knew what was coming. Chaos burst out in the room.

From his place next to Nico, Jace stiffed at the unknown intruder, grip tight on his newly acquired dagger. Magnus shot up from his position next to Catarina, hands sparking with blue magic. Will started to move forward just in time to miss Simon's lunge forward, sending the other face-first into the ground. Clary skidded to a halt, blocking the entrance.  Will ignored them both in favor of gawking at Nico. He paused, gripped the bridge of his nose

"Neeks, I love you, but what the fuck?" Will sighed.

Nico quickly glanced between Will and Jace, just waiting to see what would happen. Will could take them if he really wanted to... maybe. Jace gave Will a suspicious stare, but didn't stop him from coming right up next to Nico, and glancing his injuries over.

"Things got a bit messy," Nico started.

"No, not this mess, I'm talking about the wings, Sunshine," Will huffed, but clearly upset.

Nico paused for a moment then sighed, "I promise to tell you later. But you're about 5 seconds away from being jumped."

Jace chose this time to speak up, "Who are you?" a hand on the dagger Nico had just given him.

Will regarded Jace with a flat stare, but also quickly noted the dagger and the danger accompanying it. Hopefully, he wouldn't realize it was in his wing not even 20 minutes prior.

"Will Solace," Will turned back to Nico with a pointed finger, "We're not done here, but you mentioned Lou when you called me? Where is she?"

Nico pointed over to Catarina and the cot Lou was currently in towards the far wall. Will's head snapped towards it and it turned back to Nico with a hard look, "We're definitely not done yet," he grumbled before putting Lou's survival as his top priority.

Nico watched as all eyes turned watched as Will approached Catarina, her blue skin making him do a double-take in half a second before he moved seamlessly next to her. She paused at the sudden interruption, they argued for a moment, most likely about Will helping her, before he moved to the other side of the cot, taking up his set of tasks, letting Catarina lead and dictate.

Across the room, Simon and Clary watched Will with wary eyes, Simon gathering himself to his feet.

"Simon!" Jace called suddenly, "How did he get inside the Institute?"

Simon suddenly looked sheepish, "He knocked, I opened the door, then he pushed past me and ran."

"You should know better than to open the door for strangers!" Jace chided.

Clary snickered while Simon scoffed in indignation, "I'm not a child!"

Nico let out a weary breath he didn't know he was holding, his muscles still drawn taunt, but exhaustion was fighting hard against any attempt to stay alert. His mind started to cloud over with the allure of sleep. Unfortunately, Jace noticed, however, didn't care. He frowned then shook Nico, breaking him out of his stupor.

"Nuh-uh, you don't get to sleep until you explain," Jace said and beckoned the unoccupied people in the room over. Maryse had left at some point and was no longer in the room.

Jace, Simon, Clary crowded his bed while Alec and Magnus hung a bit further away.

"What was the question again?" Nico asked, too tired for this.