7

When you tried to update last night, but then Wattpad says no...

When Nico returned to Camp Halfblood sometime during the campfire, he had little time to relax, since Will dragged him off to the infirmary. It was a quick affair, they made out, Nico got scolded for doing something stupid(again), and Will was relieved that Nico had somehow managed to get out of his lastest kidnapping unharmed.

"So who even was it this time anyway?" Will asked, finally calming down.

Nico showed Will the Codex, who looked unamused, "Angel, I can't read Latin, and I don't see how an old book is supposed to help."

Nico sighed, "They called themselves Shadowhunters, apparently they hunt demons and whatnot, acting like supernatural police. I got arrested because they caught me while I was working."

Will looked unconvinced. "Shadowhunters? That sounds kinda stupid to me, and they certainly aren't in charge of us."

Nico messed with his ring as he tried to figure out how to explain what he'd figured out, "Well... so you know how mortals can't see monsters and stuff because of the mist? How everything mythical is hidden?"

Will nodded, following along.

"Well, then there was the "situation" with the Romans, how we lived together, but never exactly encountered each other," Nico continued.

"Are these Shadowhunters part of a different pantheon? Like the Egyptians?" Will asked.

"yes and no... It's complicated. They're more like a part of an entirely different system..." Nico was beginning to struggle.

Will lightly sighed, "I wonder why we haven't encountered them before. You've been all over the world, Sunshine, are you sure you've never encountered them before."

"Certain."

"Then why now?" Will asked quietly, though not expecting an answer.

Nico thought for a moment, "Has anyone who left camp recently seen anything?"

"Clarisse is out right now, we can ask her when she gets back. Lou going to some sort of meeting tomorrow... something about Maria's murder." Will explain.

"Maria, the Demeter girl? She died?" Nico perked up, a knot in his stomach. He hadn't noticed.

"Yeah... it was some sort of sword wound... but Lou says she'll handle it, whatever that means. She and Maria were pretty close, after all."

"When's the funeral?" Nico hadn't really known Maria except as a friend of Lou's, but he still felt awful that he hadn't picked up anything about a demigod dying, especially if it was close by.

"Sometime tomorrow afternoon, the Hecate Cabin and Demeter Cabin are working together on the shroud..." Will trailed off.

Nico leaned into Will, his mind still jumbled mess, trying to figure out what was happening but there was one more thing.

"Will, I have an awful feeling that whatever this is, its only the beginning."

"Then let's hope everything will be okay in the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec was a mess, a stressed out, tired, caffeinated mess. First, there was the situation with the kid, who had since somehow escaped, then there was the recent string of downworlder murders. The murders were almost indiscriminate, but linking them were violent and extreme messages left behind and the method of killing, a sword. Now, there were a few demon attacks on Downworlders to add to that rising number, where there were never any traces of actual demons. And finally, Jace was following a buff girl with a spear on her back throughout Manhattan.