Chapter 8 Dante -Luxury

As we arrive in the small town of Old Ashton, I can't help but look at Sonia.

She's so goddamn beautiful.

Even as my captive and wearing last night's dress, she looks radiant. Her slim body has curves in all the right places. And her hair, a sheet of black ice, looks beautiful swept off her face, tucked behind her ears. Though she may hate me, she may want to gut me and string me out to dry, I have to say that Sonia Gavino is radiant, and looking at her makes my cock rock-fucking-hard.

"Is this where you're taking me?" she asks sulkily. "It doesn't look very big, like it doesn't even have enough stores to shop in."

I grin. "Don't underestimate the town. It has more than would appear to the eye."

What Sonia doesn't realize is that Old Ashton is a lot like Aspen or Vail. It's a tiny town but replete with glamour. It has every luxury boutique known to man, including stores like Gucci, Prada, and Chanel.

The limousine drives through the center of town, parking along the main street, while I look behind us, checking that the two SUVs containing my arsenal of men are following us. They park on the same street, several spaces down.

I survey our surroundings, making sure that everything goes according to plan. While Sonia may think this trip is for her, I have another motivation for taking her out. I know that the Gavino family will have trackers following our every move. They're going to want to see if I have Sonia. I want us to be seen together. It'll drive Leonio wild to see me with his daughter, and he might even get the idea that we're dating, that she ran away to me instead of me taking her.

Today, there will be no mistaking that she's mine, in my possession, and that's precisely the point of our little shopping trip. I need Leonio to know that I have his daughter. If he mistakes how I got her, then that's on him.

We get out of the limousine and walk into Chanel. The entire time I'm looking around to make sure that the Gavino family doesn't ambush us. My men follow us and stay stationed outside the door.

Walking into the store, a man comes from around the counter to air kiss me. "Mr. De Rose, we've been expecting you," he says. "I'm Sebastian and will be helping you with anything you need. As you requested, we've had the entire store closed down to outside patrons. You may shop, drink champagne, and please let me know if I can help you."

I turn to Sonia. "This is all yours. Buy whatever you need, whatever you want."

Her eyes become wide. "You shut down the store for me?"

I nod. Anticipating Sonia's arrival, I had this all arranged. I knew she'd need a new wardrobe and I have no idea how to shop for women so I couldn't do it myself. But what I wasn't anticipating was that she'd be so mesmerizing that she'd take my damn breath away every time I look at her. Had I known that maybe I would've reconsidered this entire plan?

"I want you to have everything you need," I say to her. "Go wild. Have fun. But most of all, don't think about price. That's for me to consider."

Her eyes narrow at me. I know she wants to hate me, but hopefully, with each passing day, that will become harder and harder to do. Sonia needs to see that I'm not the enemy; her father is.

She walks around the store bashfully, not pulling too many things. So I go to Sebastian and tell him to help her. "She needs everything," I say as I slip him several hundred dollars as a tip.

"Gotcha." He winks at me and then helps Sonia, pulling dresses and tops, lingerie, and everything she might need.

Meanwhile, I sit back, drink some champagne and then get on my phone to conduct some business.

"Do you like this one?" Sonia asks, coming out of the dressing room wearing a black lace dress.

My eyes follow the lines of her body up until I meet her face. The dress does everything to highlight her natural, beautiful curves. It hugs her breasts, flowing out softly at the hips.

"I love it," I say. "You can wear that tonight when we have dinner."

"Dinner?" Her eyebrows shoot up.

"Of course. After a day of shopping, you'll need to eat." My tone is almost a command.

She nods, understanding that I'm not asking her to join me; I'm telling her to.

She goes back into the dressing room, trying on all the different things Sebastian pulls for her. Sometimes she comes out to see if I like something, but mostly she keeps to herself. By the end, she has various dresses, outfits, jewelry, and things.

I thank Sebastian, and we leave.

What Sonia doesn't understand is that this is part of a bigger plan. She's helping me get revenge for my brother.