VI- George

I watched from afar how Vianna's eyes glistened while talking to the guy. Yes at first I didn't want to run after her because I wanted to give her space to breath, to try to sort things out, but I could not help it.

I was so worried that something might happen especially that we just had a fight. I ran after her and was surprised to see a guy obviously trying to flirt with my wife. He was looking at my wife as if a teenager who just fell in love. His hand was holding my wife's as if there was no tomorrow.

I could not help myself but get jealous. The guy is far more handsome than I am and with the way he carried his suit, you would know that he is a CEO of a company and it pains to know that this guy could make Vianna smile.

"Ahm... excuse me sir. Did you make any reservation?"

"No. I did not. I am just waiting for my friend."

"I think it would be best sir if you'll get inside. We offer really mouth watering cuisine. You would like our kare-kare."

I chuckled. This girl knows customer service and the kare-kare, well, just the mention of it makes my heart long for those moments when Vianna and I would spend our fun dates together, the most memorable one would be our 7th. Yes. Cheesy as it may seem, I do count the number of dates we had and I never lost counting. The last one we had though was 241st.

We had our 7th date at Vianna's home church. I remember her telling me that I should love God more than her and if we would be together, God should be the center of our relationship and for sure, nothing would go wrong.

I admit that before meeting Vianna, going to church was more of a routine, nothing so special. But that day was different. The Pastor talked about the prodigal son and I saw myself in his shoes. I also left my parents at an early age without their consent because I wanted to prove something to myself.

I have cried a river and it was Vianna's hand that reassured me that everything will be alright. After the church service, Vianna and I shared our first Kare-kare together...

It was the creamiest, most delicious Kare-kare I had. As if the Angels cooked it specially for us.

"Sir, so are you going inside or not?"

I was surprised that the restaurant staff was still standing in front of me. How long has I been standing? My eyes wandered around.

"Where is Vianna?"

"Sir?"

My Vianna was gone and so was the guy. Where could she be? I didn't see her leave. I was so engrossed with the past that I didn't see the present. I have nothing but good memories. Happy memories with Vianna, my Vianna and I don't know how long will I be able to stand without her. I wish I could tell her. I wish there's more to our memories...

***
Everybody's looking for that something
One thing that makes it all complete
You'll find it in the strangest places
Places you never knew it could be
Some find it in the face of their children
Some find it in their lover's eyes
Who can deny the joy it brings
When you've found that special thing?
You're flying without wings
Some find it sharing every morning
Some in their solitary lives
You'll find it in the words of others
A simple line can make you laugh or cry
You'll find it in the deepest friendship
The kind you cherish all your life
And when you know how much that means
You've found that special thing
You're flying without wings
So impossible as it may seem
You've got to fight for every dream
'Cause who's to know which one you let go
Would have made you complete
Well, for me, it's waking up beside you
To watch the sunrise on your face
To know that I can say, "I love you"
In any given time or place
The little things that only I know
Those are the things that make you mine
And it's like flying without wings
'Cause you're my special thing
I'm flying without wings
And you're the place my life begins
And you'll be where it ends
I'm flying without wings
And that's the joy you bring
I'm flying without wings

****

Wow. That's romantic isn't it? And heart breaking at the same time. I just hope George will have the courage to tell Vianna how much he loves her. ❤️❤️❤️

Do read my other stories, and I Kiss Brian Goodbye and Agos. See you!