VIII-George

And I often wonder why, someone as flawed as I

Deserves to be as happy as you make me, oh yeah

So as the years roll by, I'll be there by your side

I'll follow you wherever your heart takes me

- Angel's Wings (Westlife)

***

I know, I should be running after Vianna, kneeling down for her forgiveness, and embracing her as if there's no tomorrow but I chose not to. I stood still watching her run away from me until all I could see was just traces of her footsteps in the sand. 

The pain in her eyes pleading me to let her go brought me back to that day when I saw Vianna grieving for the lost of her father... 

It was Sunday and we just had our coverage of a mutiny against the government.  This was a test of our credibility as writers--from feature writers to promising journalists. We were so happy then because we got the scoop and the coverage would most likely make our publication hit BIG time. We were almost hitting bankrupcy then that we had to do something to raise funds and the mutiny coverage was a good start. 

She was all excited to tell her dad that we made it only to find out that her father passed away a couple of hours before we came. She started crying. But her cry was far different from the usual cry. Hers didnt have any sound. She was in pain---in silent pain---helpess. 

"Why did he leave me just like that? Why? I have not been a very good daughter, just yet. There are so many missed opportunities of showing him how much I love him."

"You made the most of your time together. It was short but I know he was happy. You dont have to worry. Your father is in a safer and happier place now. Heaven. Remember? I would know. He believed in Jesus Christ and accepted him in his life as his personal savior. I was there when he prayed the prayer of acceptance."

"I dont know. I have not seen heaven myself. Do you think there is really heaven after all? I should have been with him on his last days but all I did was chase after my dreams that I did not even take care of my own father. This is all my fault. Had I been with him, maybe, maybe he would still be alive now. I should have taken care of him. We would spend our time fishing and chasing after butterflies, just like before, just like before when everything was perfect. When my mom was still in love with my dad. When.. those were the times...I should have been healthy. I should have not been sickly.. My dad could have stayed and not work abroad. They could have stayed together. Mom could have been loyal to dad."

"Hush. Everything happens for a reason Vianna. We dont have answers to all our questions but there is a reason, we just have to trust in Him. It was you told me that. You said God renews and redeems, just like me. He redeemed me from my brokenness."

"You are just saying that just to comfort me. But I have nothing now. Mom is gone and so is dad. They are both gone."

"Dont worry. I will always be here love. Remember our vows? Even if the world leaves you, I will never leave you. I will always be with you until the end of time."

-

-

-

-

-

Yes. I didnt honor my wedding vow.  It was me who first left Vianna not because I wanted to but because I had to. I had to protect her from a deeper pain that she might feel. I thought of distancing myself for the past 10 years because I know soon, I will have to leave her and Thirdy. It was more of readying her heart for things that are inevitable, for things that are beyond my control. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

"So what? Are you just gonna stand there? You almost killed me earlier. What is wrong with you man?!"--- I just realized that Adrian was still with me. Watching me. What was he thinking? Giving up Vianna that easy?!

"You will never understand and I dont have a reason to explain myself to you. Who are you anyway?"---- I was mad, freaking mad because I know that this guy might win my Vianna's heart. 

"Fine. If you cant fight for her, then just let me protect her. She was my princess and will always be my princess. I am her first and will always be her first."-- Yes. I wanted to just see him dead, but I had to control what I was feeling. What is happening in me? 

"Do you promise me that you will be with her for the rest of your life?"--- He was surprised with my words and so do I. Perhaps it was my heart dictating me to ask. To confirm if Adrian is the perfect guy for Vianna. 

"What do you mean? Are you giving her away?"

"I am not. I dont want to but I have no choice. Just promise me that you will love her like a princess, like a queen and I will be alright."

"Dont make a deal with me. Because I will never let her go."

"You should. Because I am setting her free."

"What?!"

"But just give me tonight. Just tonight. Just one last time to love her. "

-

-

-

-

-

I left Adrian in awe. If letting go can heal Vianna, then I will just let go. I love her more than I love myself that even if it pains me, I will take it with my whole heart and soul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its Angel's Wings now for Chapter VIII. Again, sorry for the drama. There will be happier days soon. So just hang on. Catch my other stories And I Kiss Brian Goodbye and the Ito ang Palad Ko Wattpad Series (Agos, Sa Pag-ihip ng Hangin and Forevermore).  Special shout out to all my friends who are with me in this journey. You know who you are! Cheers!

Just a random thought though, would you like George to just give up? Or fight for Vianna?