chapter 14

Alayna

I wake up and I feel sweaty. Gross. I immediately take off my sweater. Im left in a T-shirt and leggings.

I text my sister and ask her to come. Within 5 minutes she replies she's on her way. As soon as she walks in, I feel relieved. She's not alone- she has Luke with her.

"Hi love, how are you feeling?" I look up at her. "Better but not at the same time. I feel better cause I'm not aching but I feel so sweaty."

Luke comes near. "Your fever probably broke. That's good. The fever reducer worked." he smiled.

"Other than feeling sweaty, do you feel okay?"

"Yeah I just feel tired."

"That's great news!" Your body is still recovering so it's normal to feel tired.

"Are you hungry?" Asked my sister.

"No not really."

Luke looks to me." You haven't eaten at all today, maybe try drinking some gatorade or a protein shake."

I look up and sigh. I really wasn't hungry but I guess it's in my best interest, so I agree.

"Okay." I sigh. Luke walks to the fridge and pulls out a chocolate protein shake. He grabs a straw and shakes the protein shake. He walks over to me and puts the straw in my mouth telling me to sip. It tastes okay but I'm just not hungry.

"Try and drink as much as you can."

I nod my head. Him and my sister were discussing a patient. They seemed to get along better. Hm. Maybe they're getting along better than I thought? Hopefully he manned up and apologized.

Not too long later the three of us are laying on the couch waiting for their shift to end. Luke and Rina are both on opposites ends of the couch with my head on Rina's lap and my feet on Luke's lap.

Suddenly Dr. Clifford, Dr. Hood & Dr. Irwin all walk in. As soon as they see us huge smiles appear on their faces.

"Why hello there! How was everyone's day?"

"Good." We all replied.

Calum came towards the couch where I was laying. He bent down.

"And how is my patient doing," he whispered while brushing away some baby hairs and feeling my forehead.

"Much better." Rina answered for me. "She broke the fever & is a bit clammy. The reducer worked."

Calum smiled. "That's amazing. You'll be back to normal in no time."

"Thank you." I whispered. I was still super tired.

My sister got up. "Okay time to head home for the night." She grabbed my things and told everyone goodbye.

"Bye, thank you."