chapter 42

Alayna

We walked to her car. As soon as she got in she started sobbing. I reached over and pulled her to a hug.

"Shhh, it's okay"

"Please don't cry, I hate seeing you sad."

"It's okay, I'm here, we have each other"

After a few minutes she calmed down. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"I broke things off with him. There's nothing more to it. That bitch clearly doesn't like us and I won't have her around you. She seems like a here to stay bitch."

"No stop, you didn't have to break things off with him." I said sadly. She was my protector. And she wouldn't hesitate putting me in front of her.

"Alayna, there's no discussion. She put her hands on you. Not the first impression I was looking for." she said.

"And besides, the boys didn't reprimand her at all. They didn't say anything. Not the type of people I want to be around." she flustered around.

I nodded. She was right.

"Look it's okay, it's not your fault and don't feel like it is. I couldn't be with someone who has a solidified friend group."

"I don't know what I'll do without you."

"You don't have to worry, I'll always be there for you hun." She said as she hugged me.

"Let's go home."

"How about we go for ice cream? We'll invite Liam too."

I nodded. "That sounds amazing."

Ice cream always fixes everything.

Liam agreed to meet us at The Original Ice Cream Shop downtown. We got there before him and Rina insisted she go and wash up to clear the puffiness from her face.

As she walked out, we saw Liam.

"There are my two favorite girls." He said as he gave us each a kiss on our foreheads.

"What the fuck happened?" he said as he saw Rina's face.

So much for washing it.

"Nothing, I'm okay now. I promise." She said with a reassuring smile.

"Bullshit, what happened." He said with his arms crossed. Damn he looked intimidating as hell.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." I said trying to get him of the topic.

"It's not okay. Don't keep it in. You can talk to me. I'm your brother." He said softly.

"I broke things off with Luke."

"What" he said in a low tone.

She proceeded to tell him the whole story. About how from the beginning Katy was a bitch. How the boys didn't defend us. How she put her hands on me. How she brought up our parents. How the boys still wanted us to be friends.

I looked at him as she told the whole story, and he looked calm, as if trying to soak in everything. If he was mad, he surely wasn't showing it- and that scared me.

He nodded. Rina was crying at the end. He scooted over and hugged her.

"You haven't said anything" she brought up.

"I'm going to have a nice chat with them, don't worry"

"No no you can't, he's still my attending." she pleaded.

"Bullshit, he knows where we stand. And don't forget I'm an attending too, and I have contacts. You won't loose your internship." He said reassuringly.

He looked to me and patted the chair next to him. "Come here love"

I moved over and he hugged us both. It was one of those moments where I felt safe. Where nothing else mattered. Where I felt protected.