chapter 24

I got home and I helped Layna inside. As she took a shower I went downstairs and made a quick soup.

When I was finished, I went to her room and sat it down. She was under the covers already.

"Wake up love, you have to eat and take your medicine." I whispered.

She looked up teary eyed. "It hurts."

I pulled her into my arms. "It's okay my love. You'll feel better soon."

The front door opened and I knew it was Liam. "Hey, I just stopped home to grab clothes. Is it okay if I spend the night?"

"Yes of course." I breathed out. It'll be nice to not be alone and have some help.

He walked over to her and bent down to her level. He gently brushed some hair from her face. "Hi sweetheart."

"Hi" she mumbled.

"Hey hey no tears. You'll be better in no time. Let's eat and then take the medicine, okay?"

"I'm not hungry and I want to sleep." She sobbed out. Gosh I hate seeing her in pain.

"Baby I understand, but you have to eat. Take a few bites and then take the medicine."

She nodded. He fed her for a bit and gave her her medicine.

She fell asleep within minutes.

We walked out to the kitchen. I looked up at him. "Thank you for being there"

"It's my job."

I then went and took a shower. As I came out I tried to find Liam. Huh?

I went into Alayna's room and saw him lying uncomfortably in her bed. He fell asleep holding the nebulizer to her face.

I kissed layna on her forehead and gently closed their door.

As soon as I hit the bed, I fell asleep.