chapter thirty-three.

Lilith.

"Do you remember when Professor Moody turned Draco into a ferret?" Pansy asks on the way to breakfast.

We both start laughing so hard one of the paintings tells us to shut up. It's just like old times, thank God.

I nod. "I— I do remember that," I say, trying to talk while laughing.

"Fuck off!" Draco shouts from ten feet behind us, walking with a chuckling Blaise and a still pissed off Mattheo. "I thought we were never going to talk about that again!"

I turn my head and shrug. "Potter showed you up that whole year." I smirk and turn back around when I see the look on his face.

"Lilith, I swear to Merlin—"

"Mr. Malfoy, if the next words out of your mouth aren't 'I'm so glad you're back' you will be getting a detention."

"Minnie!"

Minerva smiles and clasps her hands together. "It is wonderful to have you back. We need to have tea as soon as possible. Your father needs to have you talk some sense into him. He is just as stubborn as he was when he was a teenager. And you are a spitting image of him." She stops as if she's just now noticing Pansy next to me and the three boys ten feet behind us. "Oh, hello you four. I'm glad to see the group all back together again. Even if one of you isn't very happy," she says, pointing a look at Mattheo.

I clear my throat and shake my head. "Uh, where is Dad, actually? I need to speak with him about his— interrogation techniques."

Pansy tries to stifle a laugh behind her hand and Blaise snickers.

"Oh," Draco says, "is that about asking Mattheo about your sex lives?"

"Shut up!" I snap and laugh nervously. "God, he already knows, my godmother doesn't have to know too."

"Oh, Severus has expressed his— concerns to me," Minerva says, and turns around to walk away. "Your father is in the Great Hall," she calls back to me, "he has a free period after breakfast."

"Perfect," I mumble as she turns the corner and we start walking towards the Great Hall again. "First, my father knows about my sex life, then my godmother knows, what's next, the Dark Lord?" I turn. "Mattheo, does you father have any idea that we've fucked each other?"

He glares at me and I nod, turning around again.

"Nevermind."

☯︎︎

"Pansy, I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of twelve year old fan girls that shouldn't know what twitter is," I say, pointing at her with my fork. She raises her eyebrows from across the table from me, and Draco furrows his brows from next to her.

Blaise turns to me. "What the hell is twitter?" he asks, stuffing eggs in his mouth.

"Right," I say, looking at all of them, letting my eyes slide past Mattheo faster than the others. "Okay, so it's this app on this muggle thing called a phone. It's confusing to explain. Anyway, you post your thoughts and news type things on there. It's where a bunch of politicians go, hence the reason I don't go on it that often."

"Okay," Pansy nods, "what's a fan girl?"

"It's like, when there is a celebrity or something, people can get obsessed with them. They go batshit crazy. And, I mean, god forbid someone says something against the person they fan girl over and it's the end of the world."