Their Kouhai »» 34

A/n: Here's an update, guys! Well, I wasn't really planning to update but changed my mind. Why? Because it's my birthday todaaay!

*confetti*

Yaaay!

Now, won't you greet me a happy birthday?

***

“Gather round!” Aoyuki stood beside Yachi as the boys formed a semi-circle in front of them. This time, she’s not going to play for at least a few games. When the others asked her why, she just told them that her muscles hurt, when in fact, it was actually her chest.

Just as I thought, doing lap dives without chest wrap bites ass. Aoyuki only laughed nervously when Suga lectured about how she should do her warm-ups properly so that she won’t be strained after playing. Ukai gave her an earful as well.

As much as she wanted to participate and get some practice, she’s kinda glad since her senpai get to play. The last thing she wanted was to steal the experience Nishinoya can gain by participating and playing against these strong players. Though, if she’d be asked, Aoyuki really wanted to play, but she can’t be selfish.

Noya-senpai needs this experience to level up. Aoyuki thought, looking at the boys but her eyes held a faraway look. Unbeknownst to Aoyuki, Nishinoya was thinking the exact same thing, but about her.

He wanted Aoyuki to take his place. He wanted to let Aoyuki gain the experience. He wanted Aoyuki to level up. Aoyuki, his beloved kouhai. But he knew that Aoyuki wouldn’t budge even if he pleaded for her to play instead of him. Well, he wanted to play too, but wanting Aoyuki to play in his place was even stronger. Alas, his kouhai wouldn’t hear it.

Nishinoya let out a heavy sigh, he figured out that Aoyuki would just tell him if she wanted to play.

“Our first game today is against Nekoma. How did we do yesterday?” Ukai asked. Everyone’s eyes fell to Kiyoko who opened her notebook where she keep tabs of the team’s play.

“This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we played two sets against them. the scores were 17-25 and 19-25, both our losses.” Kiyoko announced. Aoyuki internally winced.

That was depressing. Even if she wasn’t playing that time when they played against the Nekoma yesterday, she still felt the frustration. Noya offered that she should play one of the matches against Nekoma yesterday but she refused, simply because she was actually intimidated by the look Kuroo was giving her.

Yesterday, when everyone was currently having fun and eating dinner, Aoyuki still remembered how she kept on ignoring Kuroo who kept calling to her, and acting as though she didn’t know him when he tried approaching her. Admittedly, Aoyuki felt bad, really bad, but her pride didn’t allow her to apologize to the third year even though she knew that he deserves it.

Ever since then, Kuroo’s been giving her looks. Looks that sent shiver down her spine. It wasn’t a menacing look or malicious, just that she could see that he was up to something. His eyes were scheming and because of that Aoyuki was actually nervous to play when they’re against Nekoma. She felt like Kuroo’s going to keep on spiking to her, keep on aiming at her, keep on targeting her. And she knew just how strong Kuroo’s spike could be judging by the loud, resonating BAAM the ball always produced whenever he spiked. She felt like her arms are going to fall off if she tried receiving it.