Their Kouhai »» 10

"Eh?" That's the only thing Aoyuki can mutter once she entered the second gym only to find Michimiya Yui practicing all by herself.

"Ah! Kamiyui-chan!" Michimiya smiled at her as the girl walked towards her.

"Where are the others, captain?" Aoyuki asked as she looked around.

"Eto... You see, the girls don't really participate in practicing." Michimiya rubbed her head, flashing Aoyuki a sheepish grin.

Aoyuki's eyebrows furrowed, "Huh? But the Inter High Preliminaries is just around the corner! Shouldn't we practice seriously? Don't they want to win?"

Michimiya was silent as the newest member barraged her with questions.

In the end, only the two of then practiced in the gym.

"I'll make sure to practice even harder, captain!" Aoyuki saluted, making Michimiya chuckle and ruffle her hair like a big sister would.

Aoyuki stopped bouncing the ball once the gym doors opened and revealed Michimiya.

"Michimiya-san."

"Aoyuki-chan! I finally got the match-ups!" Michimiya cheered and Aoyuki was immediately beside her, peering at the paper.

"...So we're going to fight Shirato first." The first year blinked, "Shirato? I've never heard of that school before." Aoyuki scratched her head, a thoughtful look in her face as if checking her memory if she had encountered the word Shirato before.

"Me too. But don't worry, I'll do my research!" Michimiya told her, as if trying to reassure Aoyuki.

"Me too! Let's do our best, Michimiya-san!" The girl with black ribbon pumped her fist determinedly, making Michimiya mirror her.

After that, they finished the afternoon practice and changed back into their uniforms.

[Next Day]

"Michimiya-san?" Aoyuki was confused once she entered the gymnasium. As usual, the other members were nowhere to be found, yet the atmosphere was light.

Michimiya turned and looked at her, flashing the first year a cheerful smile, "Oh Aoyuki-chan!"

Aoyuki eyed the captain once she was in front of her, Aoyuki's eyes analyzing Michimiya's face, "Hmm, you seemed... Energized. What happened?"

Michimiya only gave her a knowing smile, her cheeks had the faintest shade of red as her brown eyes sparkled.

Aoyuki was currently walking towards the gate when she heard someone calling her,

"Aoyuki-chan!"

She turned and saw the volleyboys at the gate, Hinata was waving happily at her. She ran towards them and Hinata immediately hugged her, Nishinoya was quick to peel the tangerine away from his beloved kouhai.

"Where are you guys heading?" Aoyuki questioned the boys.

"We're going to Sakanoshita store. Daichi's going to treat us in meat buns. You-" the team's motherly figure was cut off when the guardian deity, the tangerine and the delinquent of the team butted in.

"You should come with us!"

Aoyuki was taken aback, "Eh? Shouldn't that be Sawamura-san's call?"

Daichi waved his hand in the air, "It's fine. Besides, this will be the first time that I'll be treating you as well. Let's go."

And so they started walking towards the store. They chatted and talked amongst each other loudly, Kageyama and Hinata breaking out into a banter, Daichi shutting them up and Suga calming the dad down. Tanaka, Nishinoya and Aoyuki laughing at everything that they found hilarious.