Chapter 1: What Happened to Us?

Heartfilia is known as the richest family in the country, since the dawn of time. At a young age, Lucy Heartfilia took over the lead of the Heartfilia's wealth. Her parents died while she was young, and as the heiress she handle everything that her parents left for her.

Lucy is kindhearted, nice, and beautiful that all of the young men wants to marry her, for her beauty and of course, for her wealth. But Lucy always declining for she said that she wasn't interested in marrying anyone. However, she was seen to have interest in one of her servants.

Natsu Dragneel.

The Dragneels was a faithful servant of the Heartfilia, but then when Natsu's parents died, his parents give him and his older brother in the care of Layla and Jude, Lucy's parents. Lucy and Natsu was childhood friends. Not until, Zeref leave the Heartfilia's, and he was told to serve the Heartfilias in his brother stead. That's when Lucy and Natsu acted distant.

Years ago...

"Natsu! Natsu!!" Young Lucy tried to approach Natsu after he bid his brother good bye, for some reason Zeref said that he'll be waiting for Natsu to grow up and will come back to get him.

"Lu- Lady Lucy, what do you need?" Natsu said downheartedly.

"W-why are you using honorifics?" Lucy was shocked to hear that Natsu is using those honorifics with her. They agreed the moment they became friends that he won't treat her like some kind of his master.

"Is it more appropriate for a servant like me to respect you in every way?" Natsu emotionlessly said. Lucy wasn't able to reply because of the sudden change of Natsu's attitude.

"If you don't need anything, I'll rest now, Lady Lucy. I helped doing the last jobs of my brother." Natsu said and left Lucy dumbfounded.

Coming back inside the house. Lucy's parents was preparing the dinner and welcomed her just to see the frown on her face.

"Lucy, where is Natsu? We'll eat dinner." Layla, Lucy's mother, said.

"He... he said that he will just rest." Lucy said looking down.

"Lucy, what happened?" Jude asked.

"Nothing, father. Come on, let's just eat." Lucy and her parents ate without Natsu.

Natsu never go to Lucy and play with her anymore since Zeref left. Lucy is the only child of the Heartfilia, because of that she has no one to play with, but Natsu. Now, that Natsu become so distant on her, she was again all alone.

Natsu is free to go outside the premises to play with the kids around the block, and sometimes they were able to go inside the mansion and play in some places in it, while Lucy is always with her bodyguards that made her feel uncomfortable every time she was about to play with anyone.

Lucy is looking from her window whenever Natsu and his friends is being able to play with each other, her mother will always console her.

"Why don't you play with them, Lucy?" Layla asked with a sweet beautiful smile.

"Mom, why don't Natsu play with me anymore?" Lucy asked her mother the question she was asking herself since that night.

"Hmm. Maybe because his brother leave him, he needs time to adjust, you know." Layla said.

"But he can play with the other kids." Lucy answered and looked at Natsu with his friends.

"Lucy, some people needs to widen their acquaintance so that they will start to grow. Natsu is making friends with the other kids so that he won't be stuck in here. I know, he cares for you, because you are his friend. But now that, he's alone even though we are here for him, he need to find people who can be with him and help him grow. You too, Lucy. Be friends with them." Layla said with a smile even when she's worried about Lucy and as well as Natsu, especially now that he was left by his family, she knows that Zeref has his reasons.