Chapter 3: The Beginning of The End

The night has come and Natsu was inside his room, lying on his bed.

"Simple. Because I like you." What Lucy said to him really bugs him. That he kept thinking about it since they part ways.

'What were you thinking, Lucy?'

After she said it, "Think about it. Think about what I said. Date me." Then Lucy left him dumbfounded.

Now, that he's alone what happened earlier haunts him and doesn't make him sleep. He doesn't know what to do with what Lucy said. He knows that she's sober, but he doesn't know if she's intact and still sane and in her right mind. Natsu clearly doesn't expect in his life that Lucy will do that to him.

He knows that he likes Lucy, but for some reason he doesn't want to involve her in his life. Then he messaged Gray and Erza to tell about what happened.

Gray: So, what are you going to do now?

Natsu: What am I supposed to do?! Stupid, I am the one who asked you.

Gray: You fool, I don't know how will you turn her down. For sure, she took her guts to tell that to your face. She wasn't the type that will do that because she just wanted to play around. Plus, I commend her bravery. Damn.

Natsu: You're just jealous because you aren't able to do that kind of thing to Juvia, because you're too embarrassed.

Gray: And what about you, then?!

Natsu: I can do that, of course! But you know, I just can't. I don't want to.

Erza: You know, Natsu. I know you liked Lucy. You like him since you were kids, what are you afraid of?

Natsu: I don't want to hurt her. It's bound to happen and for sure it'll hurt her if she fell deep.

Erza: Why don't you take a risk?

Gray: Says the one who almost run when her lover was around.

Erza: I'm not the topic here.

Gray: Yeah, yeah.

Natsu: I think, it's better for her not to know, well for now. Aaaa! I don't know, I just don't want hurt her, that's the last thing I want to do with her.

Gray: What about dating her?

Erza: Do you think that she will do this without a reason? Lucy is not that type of girl that will show brave face in front of a man she likes just because she just wants to have a boyfriend.

Natsu: Then what should I do?!

Gray and Erza: Date her.

Natsu put down his phone and look up the ceiling. Gray and Erza told him to date Lucy.

"What should I do?!" he shouted on his pillow and let the night pass by.

---

The next morning, he went out of his room and was surprised to see Lucy waiting outside his door.

"Good morning, Natsu!" She greeted him with a beautiful smile on her face.

"G-good morning." Natsu replied and scratch the back of his head. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, here. I have to go out and the cook isn't home, so I made a breakfast for you." Lucy smiled and hand over the paper bag to Natsu.

"A-ah thank you. Where are you going?" Natsu asked and that made Lucy smiled.